Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

DIC workaround

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default DIC workaround

First, I could care less about 99% of what the DIC wants me to do or can do for me. I've been living happily with my Kenwood for several years now and love it but now its time to transfer it to my latest V1, the 06 I picked up a few weeks ago...

But the one thing I do miss is the ability to get into competition mode. The system is looking for a prompt from the DIC in order to disengage the nannies so I'm assuming there should be some way to duplicate these conditions with maybe something as simple as a toggle switch.

I know I could incorporate the base CTS DIC that some have been pioneering enough to perfect but I've got enough buttons and computer prompting in my life and only seek to simplify it at this point!

If anyone has the schematics for this or any advice on how to operate the traction control with a toggle switch, it would be appreciated.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to go to the toggle switch you can probably do it at the fuses. Removes fuses, run a tap with a inline fuse to the toggle, toggle to the other end of the tap. That way you have full control of when you want TC and Stabil. Or just pull the fuses when you want to have fun, thats what I do anyways
Old 04-28-2017, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've actually never had comp mode. I think the Nav unit was replaced under warranty at some point before I acquired the car and they flashed it with a base model. I've never come across a time when I thought it would be more useful than on/off, but I see how it could enhance come confidence if I wanted to hang the back out around a corner briefly. If I ever tracked the car, maybe I'd consider getting it reflashed.

Stereo shops used to move the stock OnStar activated radios to a rack in the trunk to retain OnStar functions... I wonder if the same could be done in this scenario.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=BudRacing;

Stereo shops used to move the stock OnStar activated radios to a rack in the trunk to retain OnStar functions... I wonder if the same could be done in this scenario.[/QUOTE]

Its possible, just have to run and splice wires. Though that will still have him exit the vehicle to confirm it.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Anthony Toal;19606379Though that will still have him exit the vehicle to confirm it.[/QUOTE]

I don't follow what you're saying....
Old 04-28-2017, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
I don't follow what you're saying....
read the post above, if the stock radio was moved to the trunk to maintain all the functionality, you would have to get out of the car to see what is going on (or at least go to the back seat.)
Old 04-28-2017, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting idea bud. I my car has. It had working tmps sensors in years and always attributed that to why I never could get into comp mode but I know my nav was replaced...........
I will have to look on my cracked software and see if there is something for a radio in the software and try to upload it.

Quick Reply: DIC workaround