Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fortune Auto 500 series coilover CTS-V Gen 1 group buy interest

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone else remotely interested?
Old 06-29-2017, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kra86
Anyone else remotely interested?
I think that people are interested in better suspension, but right now I feel that Fortune Auto's offering is priced too close to the well-liked, TUV certified, double adjustable KW Variant 3. If Fortune Auto could get the price down closer to the single adjustable D2 and Ksport (which have a reputation of being poorly built) or if they could provide a double adjustable coilover kit in the price range of the KW Variant 3, there would probably be a lot more interest.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Fuzzy
Old 06-29-2017, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talking Fortune 500 coilovers

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I think that people are interested in better suspension, but right now I feel that Fortune Auto's offering is priced too close to the well-liked, TUV certified, double adjustable KW Variant 3. If Fortune Auto could get the price down closer to the single adjustable D2 and Ksport (which have a reputation of being poorly built) or if they could provide a double adjustable coilover kit in the price range of the KW Variant 3, there would probably be a lot more interest.
I was honestly trying to sidebar the entire peanut gallery to hopefully focus on a more productive discussion.

-KW warranty is not as good. (or does not exist depending on WHOM you purchase from)
-KW has zero spring options but what has been decided by whomever engineered the set for the CTS-V. (who makes KW springs?)
-KW does not offer any spring rate customize-ability.
-KW does not embrace the true coilover style. (already demonstrated by other members display of regret of cutting springs to alter ride height)
Old 06-29-2017, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by actrite80
I agree with Fuzzy
May I ask to what part you agree with?

I agree that Ksports and D2 are complete chinese copy-cat junk.
I do not agree with KW being the end solution towards a better suspension on a CTS-V Gen 1.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its going to be tough to get interest with no hard numbers or data. sure i have interest in a true coil over setup that is OEM quality. but without hard data and pricing and something out there to see and touch and have 5000 test miles on it who knows how many people will want to pony up the cash.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigti99a
its going to be tough to get interest with no hard numbers or data. sure i have interest in a true coil over setup that is OEM quality. but without hard data and pricing and something out there to see and touch and have 5000 test miles on it who knows how many people will want to pony up the cash.
Interest is one thing. Commitment is another. As fall nears, Fortune will get a CTS-V Gen 1 for all of fall and into early winter. Then more of this will become clear.

Thank you for your interest.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Fortune-Auto coilovers will not be ksport or d2 pricing as they are not on the same level. This was merely to gauge interest for a better entry level coilover that is on par with kW v3 minus the dual adjustability but with much more customization available to suit your needs.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by kra86
I was honestly trying to sidebar the entire peanut gallery to hopefully focus on a more productive discussion.

-KW warranty is not as good. (or does not exist depending on WHOM you purchase from)
-KW has zero spring options but what has been decided by whomever engineered the set for the CTS-V. (who makes KW springs?)
-KW does not offer any spring rate customize-ability.
-KW does not embrace the true coilover style. (already demonstrated by other members display of regret of cutting springs to alter ride height)
I'm not trying to dissuade you from going through with this, but there really isn't much demand for these. There are a bunch of options for this platform at this time ranging from china crap to high end. The spread is pretty well covered from Ksports/D2 to KW and LG motorsports. Speaking from personal experience, the KW's are pretty great units and for the price can't be beat. They are night and day improvements over the stock FE4 setup on both the street and track from a comfort and performance standpoint. They are also TUV certified which is no joke, meaning they actually have to do real testing on these, unlike every other fly-by night company that just puts junk out into the market and lets their customers break and find their products weaknesses.

I put comments next to each of your points.

-KW warranty is not as good. (or does not exist depending on WHOM you purchase from) - See below
-KW has zero spring options but what has been decided by whomever engineered the set for the CTS-V. (who makes KW springs?) - You can install any swift spring rate you want on these coilovers, which a few people have done for their own personal customization.
-KW does not offer any spring rate customize-ability. see above comment
-KW does not embrace the true coilover style. (already demonstrated by other members display of regret of cutting springs to alter ride height) - "true coilovers" on this platform is un-necessary and takes away from wheel width/widening options, which is crucial to getting the rear to hookup on these cars.

Here is the KW warranty information:
KW Suspension Warranty Terms and Conditions

Effective January 1, 2011. Supersedes all previous terms, policies, and agreements.

KW Automotive North America Inc. warranties its products to the original retail purchaser against defects in workmanship and material for the following terms from the date of purchase:

KW SUSPENSIONS:

Street Coilovers, Variant 1, Variant 2, Variant 3, Street Comfort – Limited Lifetime Warranty
Bushings, Bump stops and Ball Joints - 1 Year
Club Sport Coilovers, 2 way Race Coilovers, 3 way Race Coilovers – No Warranty
WARRANTY CONDITIONS & LIMITATIONS:

This warranty is NOT TRANSFERRABLE, is limited to the United States and its holdings, Canada and Mexico. This warranty does not apply to:

Any articles not purchased through authorized KW Automotive North America Inc. dealers.
Any articles that show signs of abuse, collision or improper installation.
OEM Equipment & Private label items produced by KW Automotive (warranty is carried by the private label company unless otherwise specified).
Any parts that are installed in vehicles that are used for race purposes, operated commercially, or used in off road conditions.
Any parts that have been sold with "No Warranty" designation on the original invoice.
Any parts that have been modified or altered in any way from its original configuration.
Any parts that have been:
Used in conjunction with non Non-KW Automotive North America Inc. approved Air Bag kits, sway bars, springs, control arms etc…
Installed improperly.
Used out of its published operating range or outside KW tested force ranges, i.e. Excessively lowered or raised vehicles.
CLAIM OBLIGATION:

KW Automotive North America Inc.'s obligation is limited to repair or replacement of the defective KW Automotive Inc. component only.

Warranty acceptance along with the corresponding replacement or repair of the KW Automotive component is at the discretion of KW Automotive North America Inc. engineering staff. KW Automotive North America Inc. is not responsible for any costs associated with the removal, replacement or shipping of the defective part, and under no circumstances will be liable for any costs or consequential damages that may be incurred.

KW Automotive North America Inc. is a progressive company that is continuously improving its product line. As such KW Automotive North America Inc. reserves the right to improve any and all of our products in materials or design without obligation to incorporate these changes in previously manufactured products.

CONSUMER CLAIM PROCEDURES:

In the interest of 100% Customer Satisfaction, we would request that before a warranty claim is submitted, please contact the KW Automotive Tech & Customer Service Department (phone: 1-800-445-3767, email: info@kwautomotive.com) to accurately diagnose the problem. This will ensure quick handling and resolution of your issue.

To process a valid warranty claim, contact the original place of purchase of your KW Automotive North America Inc. part along with the original receipt for a determination of claim. If the product cannot be returned to the original place of purchase, please call KW Automotive North America Inc by phone (1-800-445-3767) to request a Return Material Authorization number or RMA# and a tech sheet (if applicable).

Send the defective unit shipping prepaid along with the following documents:

Return Material Authorization number or RMA#
A copy of your original invoice
A copy of the completed brand specific tech sheet
Copy of the Vehicle's Registration certificate
IMPORTANT: Please clearly mark the package with the assigned RMA# for quick handling. KW will refuse unmarked shipments, or any shipments that are not prepaid. Once received, KW Automotive North America Inc will verify warranty coverage and will repair or replace the unit at our discretion, and shipped back to you UPS Collect.

NON-WARRANTY ELIGIBLE GOODS:

If a part is returned for warranty and is found to be not eligible for warranty, the customer will be given the following options:

The goods will be sent back on the next customer freight order or by their preferred method of shipping;
The goods will be disposed of at the customers expense (if any);
The goods will be put back into KW Automotive North America stock and a 15% restocking fee will be applied to the customer's account.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think a high quality non-coilover factory replacement would be embraced by a lot of us. Coilovers are great I'm sure but how many miles are you getting out of those before the collars sieze up or the body's wear out...they are aluminum correct?
Old 06-30-2017, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump for bespoke suspension.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1247
I think a high quality non-coilover factory replacement would be embraced by a lot of us. Coilovers are great I'm sure but how many miles are you getting out of those before the collars sieze up or the body's wear out...they are aluminum correct?
Absolutely!! Will never go through all the trouble of coil overs but would totally go for a nice set of konis or something along that line
Old 07-02-2017, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Yep, I'd be in immediately for some Konis or Bilsteins.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Teching In

i would be interested to hear the details i wish they made a koni/ground control set-up for these cars but fortune auto makes good quality stuff. count me in for more information
Old 07-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Teching In

I would be interested and my car is close by if they need to see or use it. I live about 10 minutes from Powhatan and pretty sure I have met the owner before. Just don't remember his name.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump for more bespoke interest. So far, we have four interested parties. yay!
Old 07-06-2017, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got any bag over options to replace the springs? UAS isn't my first choice.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Interested. Nice to see another option.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Teching In

I'm interested if this is still on the table.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hoarder's Garage
I'm interested if this is still on the table.
Yes I still plan on having a cts v dropped off to fortune auto North America in September for mock up.

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto 500 series coilover CTS-V Gen 1 group buy interest