Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

ctsv cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ctsv cam

what cam should i put in my 05 ctsv for alot of lop but can still be drove everyday it has exhaust headers and a tune thats it magnaflow exhaust
Old 10-19-2017, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check Youtube for "cammed CTS-V" and you'll come up with a lot of videos that usually have the cam model or specs in the description. Once you pick one or two you that you like the sound of, you can then look further into what their driving characteristics are like, where they make peak power, and if they require further valvetrain upgrades like aftermarket lifters and valve springs. This will generally net "off the shelf" cams that are common but not custom.

Cam profiles are tailored to specific goals, so asking "what's a good cam?" is an open-ended question that will either be passed over by anyone with real knowledge because they don't care to start from the bottom, and other responses will be liken to "call Pat G" or some other proven cam vendor. If you stated exactly what you wanted out of the cam and how you'll be using it, you could get some better answers.

Last edited by BudRacing; 10-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Been watching this for weeks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE...ZSY7jn&vxp=mtr

To each their own. Depends on what you want from the engine when you are driving.

Quick Reply: ctsv cam