Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Time for a motor mount upgrade. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JPCTS-V04
I’m going to order the UMI mounts on Monday. I really appreciate everyone’s input. I’ll follow up after installation! Thanks again
​​​​​​
Just remember to grease then prior to install.

-Byron
Old 01-16-2018, 05:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Probably late to the party since you've ordered UMI mounts. I have the CS solid aluminum with a stock trans mount. Very minimal vibes at idle and smooth as can be going down the road. I've tried every mount available and the solid aluminum mounts have been the best by far.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having gone through stockers, UUC, and Revshift, I went with Creative Steel's and they are great. I used the heat sheilds, and also put header wrap around them and SS wire ties.

No problems after 2 years.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I went with Creative Steel's and they are great. I used the heat sheilds, and also put header wrap around them and SS wire ties.

No problems after 2 years.
I also wrapped mine in addition to the supplied heat shields and have had the same experience with CS mounts. Going on 6 years and 74k now.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you can go wrong with the UMI's. I have the mounts that UMI copied known as the RC51 mounts. They have been in my car since June of 2009. I bought these because the only other option was UUC mounts that where junk. But that's some OG **** there lol

Anyway, I love my RC51 mounts. They are very solid with no motor movement, yet still dampen some vibrations. I've run them with and without wrapped headers and they still look and perform like new. The only difference is the UMI have a grease zerk for the poly. I greased mine when I installed them but have never had to touch them again.

Last edited by raven154; 01-24-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Got the UMI mounts installed. Car feels super solid now. I really like them. I went ahead and put a new starter on while I had it off, new header gaskets, and new exciter wire plug for the starter. Mine was cracked and brittle. I disconnected the battery for about 15 min while I removed the starter and now my stupid service a/c system comes on on the display. 3rd time it’s done it since I’ve owned the car. Anybody run into that? And thanks for everyone’s insight on the motor mounts. I’ll post pics of my old ones. They were awful
Old 01-26-2018, 03:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Glad to hear you liked the UMIs.

It really helps change the character of the car when the mounts are more rigidly secured.

As for the random ac service issue, have you cleaned up the grounds in the cylinder head (1 each head, firewall side), hood strut and one on each side up front on the frame rails? ( Below the fuse box and below the air box.

-Byron
Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Teching In

I haven’t checked grounds yet. Last time it gave me fits I had the battery disconnected for a week doing engine work. So I guess it’s something to do with the memory or something. But this last time was only disconnected for about 15 min. Gonna hook the scanner to it and see what’s going on

Quick Reply: Time for a motor mount upgrade. Suggestions?