Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Updates to the Old TT LS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Updates to the Old TT LS6

As with anyone, life caught up to me and this old girl was put on the back burner.

This was GulfM3's old car and to get caught up, you can read here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...-pictures.html

Here is a quick 100 foot view of the car:
Stock SB with PRC 2.5 CNC Heads
"Boost" Cam;
65lb injectors
Turbonetics T3 61/65 T-GA Billet Comp, Inconel Turbine wheels, Ceramic Ball Bearing, blah, blah, blah
Tial 38mm WGs
Alky Solutions 100% meth
Built trans
DV8S Strut Tower, Shifter & 8.8 Diff conversion
Forged Inner & Outer Stub shafts
4.10s, 3.73s & 3.55s, currently running4.10s, but will be switched to 3.73s soon
DSS "155hp" axles with one spare set
DSS "1000hp" 2 piece DS with identical spare

I bought her back in 2016 and enjoyed her a few years until I started having electrical issues.

In 2019, new braided front brake lines, thermostat, Racetronix Dual FP wiring harness and relay kit & added dual Walbro 948 FPs
In Late 2020, I added a Casper power cable upgrade/relocation and a Leash Electronics Big Dog fuse box to the mix, along with the 54inches starter upgrade(1500HD)
In late 2021, I upgraded the Zoom clutch to a Mantic Twin, reran some turbo lines and some DEI products along with UMI mm.

Well we are here in 2022 and having low fuel pressure issues and I was tired of dealing with the stock type setup, so it's all coming out.

I called Brian Hinson at Hinson Motorsports to get his V specific Fuel pump Hat with twin Walbro E85 compatible 455s with an intermediate hardness that connects directly to the previously installed Racetronix harness.
While I am at it, I am installing Speed Inc. fuel rails and using Hinson Motorsports Universal LS plumbing kit.

If I can remember how to add photos, I will.

Admins & Mods, if I broke a rule, PM me and I will fix it immediately. Been awhile......
The following users liked this post:
rjoffe (05-17-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to see some pics.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for pics too!
Old 08-02-2022, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1997 vet
Would love to see some pics.
Originally Posted by Vness
In for pics too!
Thanks guys! What's the best way to post photos these days? Can I use FB as a host or what? lol

We got the Hinson Motorsports "CTSV" specific wiring, bucket and universal plumbing system installed the last few days and she fired right up, we adjusted the AFPR to 60 psi and she is faster than ever.

Seeing that the plumbing system was universal, there was a ton of preplanning and designing on my part. Extra parts ordered, etc., etc.

His plumbing system comes with a Fuel Lab 8AN I/O Filter, DW AFPR, many fittings in 8AN for feed and return with 40' of braided Nylon over braided Steel fuel line. a few 6AN fittings and 10' of line for the vent; these are not used in the V.

Coming in/out of the Hinson Billet bucket you will need to order LOW profile 90s with 45/135 swivels which you will need to order as well. (I need to double check this)
From the bucket you will have Feed and Return.
Feed now goes down to the Fuel lab filter which needs a 8AN 90 in/out and works perfectly in the stock location, but you will need to create a bracket for the best results.
From the Fuel Lab filter, you will route it basically in the stock location up until you get to the firewall area.
I am TT and mid-mount, so I brought the lines up behind the battery, over the cabin filter, drilled a hole in the plastic cowl and came out almost dead center of the engine.
Behind the battery, I went from one 8AN to a *AN Y, which you will need to order, then two 8AN lines from the Y to the back of the aftermarket fuel rails.
At the front of the rails I came out and into 180 8AN fittings on each side. From there I went into the DW AFPR with 90 8AN fitting which I mounted under my Domestic V8 Solutions Strut Tower Brace.
8AN out of the return port back the same way the feed came in and back to the bucket.

You will need to mount the Fuel Level sensor off the stock bucket to the new bucket. And wire it in as well.
You will need to figure out a solution to adapt the jet pump from the Hinson unit to the drivers side line for the drivers side tank. We cut the OEM end off the line and used a 3/8" brass barbed coupling and worm gear clamps to attach to the Hinson unit.

I already had Racetronix dual pump relay kit, so the kit from Hinson has a jumper harness to adapt to that, but I think you can buy all the wiring directly from Hinson.

I will have to go and check all the extra fittings that I ordered versus what I had left over. This really is not a V specific kit even labeled as such. I believe it is actually a Camaro/GTO/G8 kit as you will need to cut out the floor under the passenger seat to make this kit fit.
If the fittings coming OUT of the billet hat were 90s instead of straights, I believe it would fit, but the straights are epoxied into the billet hat.

All the fittings and lines are Vibrant. I bought the vibrant cutters and vise jaws to facilitate the install.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

Old 08-05-2022, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't post much but I believe you can post directly to here through the forum link?
Old 09-30-2022, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Well that did not last long. Ran great then lifted a head. Forged motor in process....
Old 06-09-2023, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

I finally took the chance to put all my mods in one place and here are the plans, I think:

Currently this is how the car sits:

Original 2005 LS6 Short block
Hinson Motorsports Twin Walboro 450 lph E85 pumps with Billet hat, AN lines, Fuel lab filter and FP Regulator
Racetronix Dual fuel pump wiring harness, custom spec'd with help from Racetronix specifically for the 1st gen V.
PRC LS6 2.5 CNC Heads
65 lb injectors
Boost A Pump
Twin T3 61/65 Turbonetics, mid-mounted right off the exhaust manifolds:
61mm Billet Compressor Wheel
F1-65mm Inconel Turbine wheel
Ceramic Ball Bearing Cartridge
HP Rating 700hp
Each T-GA Turbonetics turbo offered includes:
• HPC forged billet aluminum compressor wheel
• Satin finish map enhanced ported shroud compressor housing (4" inlet/2.5" outlet)
• Enhanced Map Porting
• F1-series 713C inconel turbine wheel
• T3 4 bolt inlet/3" V-band outlet standard .85 a/r
Tial 38mm Wastegates

Speed Inc TU0 Turbo Cam 216/216Lift 0561/0561, Dur. @.050 216/216, 114 LSA
Casper Electronics power cable upgrade and relocation (Big 3)
Alky Solutions spraying 100% meth & 93 Octane, no E
Custom 3" polished ss exhaust cats, mufflers and all piping
Relocated computer
DometicsV8Solutions Strut Tower, Shifter, 8.8 brackets, Radiator & Intercooler
8.8, 4.10 (obviously the rear-end has been converted to an IRS 8.8)
I also have a 3.55 center section, a 3.73 center section and maybe another.

Forged inner and outer stubs
G-Force 1500 hp DSS axles x2
G-Force 1000 hp 2-piece DS x2

The clutch and the fuel system are my latest upgrades as they were needed, but they introduced me to what we all knew was the weak link; the stock short-block.
Before this last round of modifications, it was about 700 to the wheels.
When we built this back about 9 years and we absolutely loved it. It was a blast to drive and you could jump into it and drive it anywhere. In fact, we kept the AC and I drove it to a family event that was about 3 hrs. away and knocked down 20 mpg.
My ultimate goal is to get that drivability back so I can take my family on drag and drive events or Power Tours. Not necessarily to be competitive, but just to enjoy the time and watch the real competitors.
I have always planned on forging the bottom end. With that said, I really don't know where to start. The piston cooling kit from Get'em Garage are on my list.
I think I have addressed most of the issues with the car and I have a good foundation for a fun car again. I like the fact that boost did not really start until about 3000 rpm and so cruising around anyone could drive it and you were basically in very low boost levels.

Here is what I am thinking:
Keep the heads.
Keep the cam. Replace if worn.
ARP Rod bolts, Main studs & Head studs.

BTR Forged 383 Stroker kit.....

If not what are your experiences with others?  Stroke, CR, piston dish,etc? MLS Headgasket? Thickness?

High Volume & Pressure Melling Oil pump (blue spring)
ATI Balancer (already have)
Al Oil Barbell
Stock intake manifold and throttle body.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 54inches; 03-15-2024 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

What is your budget on this?
Are you doing all the work aside from tuning?
Old 06-20-2023, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice. I ordered the dual pump hat a few months back. Just getting back started on my lsa project as well. Ordered their wiring kit and line kit a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking forward to seeing how your fueling project turns out.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jmilz28
What is your budget on this?
Are you doing all the work aside from tuning?
Whatever it cost is what it costs. With that said, I make sure and do research and look around for a good deal.

Originally Posted by HtownV04
Nice. I ordered the dual pump hat a few months back. Just getting back started on my lsa project as well. Ordered their wiring kit and line kit a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking forward to seeing how your fueling project turns out.
Nice! It worked great until I lifted both heads with too much boost. lol

New plan.

I "acquired" a LS2 with LS7 Rods and crank, Diamond pistons, LSA heads and a LS3 intake. Parts are slowly being ordered. Adding a slightly larger cam and detuning to keep it driveable.

Cheers,

Old 03-15-2024, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Well, things changed.

I was offered a different, bigger engine that I could not pass up.

LS2, LS7 Crank and Rods with ARP hardware.
Diamond Racing forged pistons.
LSA Heads
LS3 Intake (Currently has LS3 TB, but changing to LS2)

Buying all the "devil in the detail" parts right now. Conversion harnesses, ARP bolts, studs, etc.....
The following users liked this post:
AAIIIC (03-15-2024)

Quick Reply: Updates to the Old TT LS6