Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Totally stock 2005 CTS-V: What to do first?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004 | 05:57 PM
Teching In

Default Totally stock 2005 CTS-V: What to do first?

First: great forum! Lots of brainpower & experience out there, which is good for an inexperienced guy like me.

My take on my V: the handling is fine by me, so no mods needed there. I don't do the track and I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I'd like more power on the street. Maybe be prepared for those M5's that are coming over the Atlantic soon. I've read the posts here and checked the links, and there's a lot of info on cold air intakes, mass airflow sensors, exhausts, different cats, etc. (as well as the more involved mods & engine builds, which I don't want to do to a new car). Almost too much info for a non-mechanic.

Anybody willing to suggest what tweaks I should undertake in what order? I'm looking for the most hp bang for the $, for mods that either I could do myself (I'm not totally inept) or that I could have done here in the Southern California area. And (don't laugh) I'd also like to stay in warranty; I don't mind removing my mods before I take the car in for work.

Regards,
Jerry
Old 09-11-2004 | 06:27 PM
Launching!

There is lots of good information in the CadillacFAQ.

This forum by far is not the best for CTS-V related dicussions. #1

For the easiest first mod, I'd recommend disabling the skip-shift.

The B&B exhaust (I recommend the resonator version) is fairly simple to install and gives the CTS-V a very authoritative exhaust note. Installation and movies of the x-pipe and resonator versions of the exhaust are here.
Old 09-11-2004 | 07:27 PM
Teching In

Default Cai

For $249, the More CAI is a must-have. You'll notice the difference immediately. They claim 21RWHP. Don't know if that's true, but there definitely is a difference.
Old 09-12-2004 | 10:21 PM
Teching In

Speed Inc set up hits belt-no fix out yet
Old 09-19-2004 | 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

A procharger

The exhaust is very restictive on the CTS-V, plenty of people say to upgrade it.

-Todd

Quick Reply: Totally stock 2005 CTS-V: What to do first?