Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Lingenfelter CTS-V High Performance Air Intakes now available

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lingenfelter CTS-V High Performance Air Intakes now available

Normal retail price $239.95 now on sale with a special introductory price of $209.95 Prices good until 11/9/04

The Lingenfelter High Performance CTS-V Air Intake provides an easy to bolt-on 10 hp gain to the stock Cadillac CTS-V.
The easy to install, bolt-on air intake system is designed to fit the 2004 through 2005 Cadillac CTS-V & provides a significant reduction in air inlet restriction while maintaining a high quality factory appearance. The system is also designed to provide lower temperature air from outside the engine compartment in order to maintain optimal performance.
In back to back testing on a stock Cadillac CTS-V, Lingenfelter has seen gains in peak power of 10 horsepower & in peak torque of 8 lbs ft at the rear wheels over the stock CTS-V air intake system. Modified vehicles can expect to see larger gains. The air intake system includes a K&N washable air filter assembly, filter housing, fasteners & detailed installation instructions.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenf...86&dept%5Fid=16
Old 12-01-2004, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Jeff: are they still available at this price? I just bought the V and got on this Forum yesterday!
Old 12-02-2004, 07:32 AM
FormerVendor

I wish they were, but they were only at that indroductory price till 11/09/04.

Sign up for our mailing list, and it will keep you abreast of new offerings when they become available. I am not sure when the air intake will be on special, as they are hard to keep on the shelf even for $239.95! They really are a nice upgrade for $240.

thank you!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Thank you; will do.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Jeff,

have you gotten any feedback on the suspension pieces for the V? New Owner as well, and want to get rid of the wheelhop.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CTSV05
Hey Jeff,

have you gotten any feedback on the suspension pieces for the V? New Owner as well, and want to get rid of the wheelhop.
We have used our Cradle snubbers, in conjunction with trailing arms, and toe rods, and have reduced the severe axle windup that the Vs are noted for. We made our arms, and rods before anything was available, but BMR makes some nice pieces that we would suggest. We are still a couple weeks out from offering the Cradle snubbers. We will be offering a high durometer plastic cradle snubber that significantly reduces some of the harshness, but it does not eliminate the problem. To eliminate the problem will be to create a ride that may be too harsh for some. So it is a trade off. We feel our snubbers are the best upgrade before you start sacrificing the ride quality that Cadillac is noted for.

In testing the snubbers only on a V, we have found that you can accelerate out of the windup, where the stock suspension wants to keep "hopping" or get worse, resulting in backing off the throttle, before getting back into it. This was with the stock tires. When using a drag radial, or heating up the tires at the track, I am not sure what the outcome will be. There is still much work to do, but our snubbers will make a nice difference without comprimising ride quality.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

The "snubbers" sound interesting. Intake up-date: LPE intake on and breathing well! Looks good and feels good.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Thanx Jeff.

I need to get ours on my lift and see what it looks like, I don't quite understand why this is such a problem, other powerful cars have IRS, and seem to do well.

I can live with it being a little stiffer, but do not want to go too far.

On a side note, I was very sorry to learn of Mr. Lingenfelters death, he was a true asset to our sport.

My congratulations on keeping on with his innovations and passion for our sport.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:07 PM
GTP
Teching In

Wahoo cradle snubbers! Ditto on the LPE intake, LOVE IT!

Aaron Lephart
Old 12-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=CTSV05]Thanx Jeff.

I need to get ours on my lift and see what it looks like, I don't quite understand why this is such a problem, other powerful cars have IRS, and seem to do well.

I can live with it being a little stiffer, but do not want to go too far.
QUOTE]

The CTS-V susension has the rear suspension arms attached to a subframe that is mounted (by rubber mounts) to the main frame. Other high hp cars (vette, viper etc) don't do this and take out a potential source of suspension wrap up, but they also transmit more vibrations to the inside of the car then the V does. It's a catch 22. You can have a smooth ride, or no wheel hop but it seems you can't have both with the caddy's current setup.

The hard part with making these parts is that acceptable vibration level is so subjective. What you are willing to live with, may not be acceptable to teh next guy. When you have a market as small as the V, it's a tough call to justify the expense for development of a part that has such a limited market. I know GM is working on a solution but htey have not been able to come up with an acceptable solution either. I'm not sure how much time they will invest in solving this with the V scheduled for a re work in 07.

Jersey
Old 12-28-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Thanx Jersey.

So it appears the issue is how much are we willing to give up to gain.

I can see where the dilemna comes in, but I would like to at least reduce the hop if eliminating will detract too much from the comfort. I have a 10 sec street car, so I want to keep the all around enjoyment of the V.

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter CTS-V High Performance Air Intakes now available