Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Turbo Charge

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 03:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Charge

Does anyone think a twin turbo would be good on the CTS V? And goes anyone make it. I like turbos for the simple fact that they make lots of HP and torque. If someone makes a realiable kit, that can be smog legal for NY, I'm in. Please give me your feed back. I would also consider a supercharger. I need forced induction, and I need it bad!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

A TT in a V would be sweet, but with low demand and such a small market, I doubt it will be developed anytime soon.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Teching In

How much would you expect to pay for a complete twin turbo kit?
Old 12-17-2004, 12:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Call us at 256-658-5798. We are currently looking for a donor CTS-V car to do a twin turbo setup for. The price will be very nice.

Jose
Old 12-25-2004, 05:23 AM
Teching In

I think if we get others with CTS Vs to show interest in a twin turbo set up, someone should build it. I has to work on the stock motor. It needs to be smog compliant, and no cost an arm and a leg. Or maybe even a single turbo might be a way to go. What are your thoughts?
Old 12-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Teching In

The hardest part with a twin turbo kit is that you will most likely have to move the catalysts (because they are close coupled) which will compromise your emmisions compliant stipulation. If you read the law by the letter, any moving (or replacement with a non factory part before 50,000 miles) of the factory catalysts requires the system to be recertified by the EPA. This is why so few kits are CARB exempt. I know there are kits out for other modles (Vette, , F body, Viper, Mustang, etc) That have passed sniffer tests but it will depend on your state and thier individual regulations.

One of the guys from Lingenfelter had started a thread on the cadillac forum about doing a CTS-V turbo a few months back. It seemed there was alot of interest but no takers. They felt they could do any of thier Corvette packages to the V (550hp, 650hp and 427CI 725hp). There has also been some rumors floating aroun the Corvette Forum that the 550hp package (which uses a stock block) will be bumped up to 600hp here shortly. If I were to do turbos, they would be the first phone call I'd make. Years of experience and a proven track record. I know there are cheaper places out there but I've seen too many people get burnt with cheaper kits.

If you just want forced induction, Magnusson should have thier SC kits available soon. Rumor has it that they are getting 470 at the tires through the stock block on thier test car. Should be a nice pickup over your stock 320-340hp

Jersey
Old 12-26-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cast pistons are the weak spot..

Go with the magnuson i/c supercharger instead...for probably 7 grand installed?
Old 12-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

I will have my intercooled procharger kit on my car mid Feb. I will be sure to post up pics. I am going to be shooting for 550 RWHP.

Quick Reply: Turbo Charge