Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

About the CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your very thankful man.. You make us look a lot better (19 years old). CTS-Vs are an awesome car.. but the STS-V... dayum!!!

Thanks and enjoy the car!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Insurance companies detect by VIN if what you are telling them is accurate. A kid in a V sounds mighty expensive. Hope he survives. Been there, done that. Poor choice. Get the kid a flash ride with big noise, so everyone will know where he is and that he is coming your way.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Teching In

if you give a 16 year old a cts-v you actually dont like him very much.... haha, i remember when i was 16 i drove a v6 mustang then when i was 17 i drove a gt, me and my friends would just fly in that gt and it felt like A ROCKET, and were talkin about a mid 14 second car here, i could only imagine what would have happened to me if i was in a cts-v when i was 16... something you definetely need to work up to.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTS-Vgod
Yes, I am only 17, I'll be 18 in April...No this thread isnt a joke and Yes i am getting a brand new CTS-V end of june beginging of july

I hear what your saying, obviously i havent got much experiance driving ( or as much as most of the people on this forum) but i do go some, i know how to drive a car, and handel it well, im saying if i get this car im not gunna be like..YES IM 17..got an insanly quick car, lets race...i just want it becuae to me it wont get old quickly, for the most part i will just keep it stock, untill i realize i can handle more power. im not stupid at all when it comes to driving (Sounds weird for a 17 year old to say) but i dont want to be wrapped around a tree anytime soon

As for the scions...only comment i have twords that....is no

and...its not like my parents will be buying this whole car for me, I will be working for this car, I will be workin my *** off for it, It will be easier for me becuase i wont have to pay rent and stuff like that, or bills, but i will be working for my own car

Good for you man that your parents are gonna get u a V. Welcome to the club/ forum whatever you want to call it. I do have one thing to say in response to this comment. Yeah you are 17, you may say lets not race etc. Not like I have that much more experience then you however I'm 25 and everylight, stopsign, mustang on the highway - Its on buddy, I say let race. You really can't get around it. It eats you from the inside there is no controlling it. Call me stupid but I've already me Johnny Law, very unhappy, writing away on his little pad, multiple times. As for street racing I've lost my license a couple of times from speeding/ racing. Just be careful, enjoy and share you experiences, mods.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Parents buying their kids 50k dollar rides, unbelievable.... Even if you have to work for it. No one bought me ****, and i like it that way. Have fun with the car though, dont **** it up.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fronzo
Parents buying their kids 50k dollar rides, unbelievable.... Even if you have to work for it. No one bought me ****, and i like it that way. Have fun with the car though, dont **** it up.
Thanks for saying what 90% of us were thinking.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Yep
Old 02-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Teching In

I traded in a 2004 SRT-4 on my CTS-V and my insurance actually went down
Old 02-16-2005, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

That is remarkable that you are buying a $50K car at 17. You must be quite gifted to have such a job at such a young age before even graduating high school. However, you may want to consider the fact that you will probably be living at home for a very long time. My advice to you would be house first, then the killer car.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Worked as a Medic for years.
If I had a dollar for every car accident I attended b/c of some young kid in Daddy's supplied high powered car, well, you know the saying.
It really becomes a tragedy when they take some innocent driver/pedestrian with them.
Young age and high hp don't mix, it's much like alcohol and driving.....
Unfortunatly some parents have to learn this lesson the hard way.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tlaselva
Worked as a Medic for years.
If I had a dollar for every car accident I attended b/c of some young kid in Daddy's supplied high powered car, well, you know the saying.
It really becomes a tragedy when they take some innocent driver/pedestrian with them.
Young age and high hp don't mix, it's much like alcohol and driving.....
Unfortunatly some parents have to learn this lesson the hard way.
Best post on this subject. Thanks.

ps - sold my X5 4.4 to get the V!

Quick Reply: About the CTS-V