Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Dyno results w/ Corsa & CIA

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul @ Thunder
BLUE: Baseline run, bone stock. It did 327 hp and 321 torque. I was pretty happy with those numbers after seeing a lot of stock cars dynoing lower.

RED: Put on the Corsa Catback and strapped it back down. After some disappointing results and realizing I had the AC on (operator error ) it made almost 338 hp but I had a spike in the torque number. Not sure what happened there but as you can see from the graph it picked up everywhere. I just can't say enough how pleased I am with the Corsa. The sound is great and the fit and finish with nothing less then perfect. It took longer to wash up then to install the exhaust. I would have been more then happy with the exhaust just from the sound even if it would have shown no gains.

GREEN: With the car still strapped down I put on the More Cold Air Induction. It made just over 344 hp peak and picked up nice power and torque over 4000rpms. It was a very smooth install except trying to remove the factory rubber duct. It fit very nice and surprisingly not loud at all. I think the induction will show better results have running the car a while and letting the computer recalibrate. I just made 2 pull after the install, it was already 10pm.

Overall I'm very please with these 2 mods. I picked up 17 hp and 17 ftlb of torque with less the 2 hours of work. All runs were made at about 190 coolant temps. Next up I think I might try tweaking the tuning a bit.

Thats weird. CTS-VPaco took me with him when he dynoed and bone stock he put down 342rwhp and 336ftlbs. I wonder why such the difference in power? Maybe like Paco said "The Bayou Humidity" is killing performance.

Did you let your car cool down? We did a run as soon as we got there with the car being driven for around the metro area for a good 4-5 hours. Then let it cool down for a good 30-45 mins with the hood up and did a another dyno pull and made around 8 more rwhp.

When the 2 pulls are layed on top of one anther it looked as if on the first pull timing was pulled out since it was running a lot hotter or something. Thats the only thing i could think of, but then again i dont know this motors/ecu's very well.

What does the Corsa sound like? Im anxious to hear Paco's V when he finally decides to get an exhuast system.

Im extremely impressed with the gains on the cold air that you got. 6rwhp and like you said im anxious to see what kind of gains you will see once the ecu learns the new mods. Congrats and good luck on more hp!

Rip It,
Josh
Old 05-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a Corsa cat back set up and lingenfelter CAI and am very pleased with the results.

Quick Reply: Dyno results w/ Corsa & CIA