Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTSV owners ?? before purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTSV owners ?? before purchase

I have been looking at used CTSV, I have a 02 MY Z06 and thinkin about selling it and getting a caddy. How do you like your car, is it fun to drive. I just want something more luxury and power, and the caddy looks like the way to go, any problems you have had with your car, and how much did you pay. I won't buy new, will be used 04 or 05, want the LS6 for sure, not the LS2. Any suggestions on were to buy and were to get a great deal ???

By the way I am in WI now, not texas.

A lot depeneds on what I get on my car also, has 48K on the clock, 02 Z06

Trade the vette and get the caddy or keep the vette ???
Old 06-16-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have been thinking the same thing
Old 06-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Launching!

I have both !!! In stock trim the Z06 Vette will spank the V's *** in performance. The V offers a nicer ride but the Vette has all the comforts of the V. I would not part with the Vette if you will miss the WOT fun, you will not be able to thrash the V as hard as the Vette due to wheel hop you do not have on the Vette.
Good Luck!!
Old 06-17-2005, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blownCTSV
I have both !!! In stock trim the Z06 Vette will spank the V's *** in performance. The V offers a nicer ride but the Vette has all the comforts of the V. I would not part with the Vette if you will miss the WOT fun, you will not be able to thrash the V as hard as the Vette due to wheel hop you do not have on the Vette.
Good Luck!!
I have both too. The V is built better, i.e., feels tighter and has zero sqeeks, etc. However, the Vette is more comfortable on long trips! Hard to believe, but true. Tough choice, but if I could have only one, it would be the V.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have both and hands down the V is a better car. I'm selling the C5 right now but I'm not sad to see it go with a V in the garage. The ride is much nicer, handles as good as my Z51 suspension, is more comfortable, stops better, and much better put together. I never would have believed that one day I would perfer a 4-door Cadallic over a Corvette but that day has come, and I'm only 33.

Old 06-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Banned

Well I am thinking very serious about selling the Z06 and getting something a little more luxury, I like the idea of a fast caddy, and just put some gas on it and have fun.

I am about to be 32 and got my dream car, the vette, now time to move on to luxury but don't want to give up the HP part just yet.

Jet
Old 06-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Launching!

CRZY747 - you pretty much sound like a typical V owner to me. The added bonus - the V has HUGE stealth factor and is the ultimate sleeper whether it is hiding from a speeding ticket or that punny engined Lexus in the next lane.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Well I just got to drive one, was very nice, had a lady sales person, so couldnt really rip on it that much. But the car drives ******* awesome. I was very impressed with the car for sure. I think I will be shopping around and picking one up soon, then let the modding begin.

Didn't like the Tan interior on the black one that I drove, but dam nice car for the money.

I would guess that car would hang with a stock Z28 on the highway hu. What kind of times do they put in the 1/4 mile, would guess a mid 13's.

Jet
Old 06-18-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Well, a Z06 is an awesome car for sure........

But, if like most of us you can only handle one $800 and up payment a month, I see no question!!!!

I've not owned a 'Vette of any ilk, having done a few motors and other jobs on them I'm just too big to be comfortable in one.

The V on the other hand is an impressive ride, AND you have that "Its A Cadillac?" effect!!! Also we can take 2 other adults with us.

I've seen #s anywhere from lo 14s to hi 12s. Wheelhop is the biggest "problem", but can be dealt with.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

As far as pricing one out, the new ones have big discounts with the GM employees discount that everyone gets. I believe that they are going for around $47,000 discounted. If you want to try to get an even better deal, never go into the dealer. Do all of your work over the internet. My friend is a salesperson and he says the best deals are made over the internet.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

The V is a phenominal car. It has plenty of pony power. walked a 6-speed c5 vette tonight, which is good enough for me. I'm also a big guy at 6'5 275, and am quite comfortable in it as far as size is concerned. Just don't be too surprised if you have to take it in for a rear-end replacement. at 1799 miles, mine went in to be replaced due to exccessive clearance in the pinion bearing, and excessive wear to the ring-and-pinion gear. I've never owned a vette, but this is a phenominal car. JUST DON'T DUMP THE DAMN CLUTCH!

Ben

Quick Reply: CTSV owners ?? before purchase