Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

StealthV

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default StealthV

Hi guys. New to this forum and to cadillac. Just bought an '05 Ruby with charcoal. I have heard about the StealthV tune and am not familiar with this. Is it like the hand held units ie. hypertech, bulldog, and the likes or is it something different. how much difference does it make and what other quick and easy add ons have you guys done that showed any real change or performance increases. thanks in advance for any info and l look forward to using this site for help.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Launching!

The color of your V is Redline.

A hand-held isn't even close.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

I think it makes your car slower . StealthV tunes your pcm for you and sends it back. From all of the feedback ive read that it is well worth the money and time, and that the customer service is great.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As I stated on the "other" forum. Don't waste your time with handhelds only to find out later that there is SO much more that can be tweaked in the hands of a professional tuner. StealthV changes more than 20 performance parameters, some huge differences, some small BUT ALL noticeable. I can't say enough.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Launching!

20? LOL - there are literally thousands of changes (I need to count someday....)
Old 08-15-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StealthV
20? LOL - there are literally thousands of changes (I need to count someday....)
Just going off the questionnaire. Why do you need to know my hair color btw?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Ok, I counted....there are 8,169 improvements in a TrackPower calibration over what the factory put in. StealthPower & WildPower are slightly more by a almost a thousand.

Ask your hand-held company or dyno tuner how many things they change....
Old 08-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Hey Rick, thanks for the info. So what is the process for doing this Stealth tune? Do you do a standard tune or do I have to give you specifics and if I do how do I determine what the specifics are that I should have done. This car is brand new and I haven't done anything to it yet so I don't know what I would tell you to do except I want more power. Also what are you guys doing to fix the crunchy shifter? Is there an aftermarket shifter that doesn't sound like crunching plastic with shorter throws? Is there a catalog with any stuff for these car? Summit doesn't seem to list hardly anything for them. Thanks for any info that you can send my way.
Ricky