Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V Got Wrecked!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Got Wrecked!!!!

OMG! Today I was driving back from lunch traveling on the frontage to the tollway, and some moron in a silver toyota highlander decided that he wanted to turn left from the center lane! (No, it wasn't a double left lane...believe me I checked). I was going straight and saw this guy coming into my lane and slammed on the brakes trying to turn to avoid him, but he didn't even turn to the outside lane! He turned right into the inside lane where I proceded hit him! NO!!!!!!

Long story short, it was obviously his fault and he took full responsibility, but that doesn't make up for the fact that my right front light is recessed 6" inward, the hood is destroyed, the bumper is destroyed, fog light assembly is destroyed, wheel is destroyed, front right fender is destroyed, alignment is destroyed, and who knows what is damaged under the hood! At least 3 weeks of body work they say, and personally I'd expect longer. I HATE COLLISION REPAIR WORK, BECAUSE THE PAINT NEVER MATCHES RIGHT! WHAT A BAD DAY! Well, at least now that I'm getting a new bumper I wont have that hideous front plate bracket...

Ben
Old 08-09-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear all that damage. I had a similar incident last week and luckily avoided the vehicle by slamming on the brakes and just waited to be rear ended but wasn't. Did I mention that I was in the Dealer's loaner car. That would've been nice. Hope your V gets returned in better condition than new.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Banned

That Sucks. The Problem With That Is After A Accident The Car Never Seems To Drive The Same
Old 08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Man, sorry that happened! I got mine back from the shop last Friday. They fixed the driver's side door and glass where a parking lot arm scraped down the side of the car. $973. The parking lot paid for it.

Took the car to a customer's golf tournament the next day [Saturday]. Parked near the driving range since the lot was full. Big mistake. Came back that afternoon and had 2 large dents on the passenger front door and passenger rear door from golf *****! The V was perfect for about 24 hours.

Took it back to the shop. The guy felt sorry for me and quoted $300 to fix again--and he'll have to paint the door.

Oh, well. It's hard to keep a car nice if you drive it.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

02 Tahoe -

Bummer...it sucks. I know. I was essentially T-boned last December.

All is not lost, however. Have faith. Believe in Karma - and if you have some good coming your way - hope it finds the body and paint guy. I had very poor expectations (black V) ont he paint and those were founded - the paint isn't perfect but will be shortly with a little elbow grease (I've already wasted 8 months...it can wait a few more).

The good news is the suspension and chassis are totally intact, and the entire rear-subframe had to be replaced (good since some aftermarket suspension components had screwed the pockets up)...and the V is good as gold, nearly.

So hang in there, bro, and keep a good thought. There actually are great repair shops and personnel out there. Hope your V finds her way there.

(good thing you have the slow platinum V, so the paint won't matter )
Old 08-10-2005, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the words guys. I just really hope everything under the hood is ok, as is suspension/frame. It will never drive the same I have a feeling. Its funny, it has been in the shop more over the past 2 months than i've had it. The real kicker is that it only has 4900 miles on it. What great luck. I told the body shop that I'm not taking it unless the work is assembly line perfect. We'll see how well they do. I'll keep you posted on damage and $tally as I get more info

Ben
Old 08-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Ben -

Stick to your guns and make sure the work is to your standards. Be a pr*ck if you must - but don't accept a sub-standard repair just to get your car back. You'll never stop regretting it - trust me.

WW out

P.S. - one of my staff is looking at a Saab9-3 Aero Convert - might I threadjack a bit and ask how you like it on her behalf?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

Damn, I hate to hear that. Mine just got back from the body shop. Definitely worth the new front bumper though
Old 08-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Old 08-11-2005, 06:27 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear of the wreck.

Some advice......insist on BETTER than assembly line quality!!!! LOL!!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Your's wouldn't happen to be the picture the guys are voting on in the Caddy owners forum is it? If so, I feel your pain, I got in a little something, not nearly as bad but I feel ya. As Wild says, good luck getting it done right- maybe Chip Foose is available?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by blownCTSV
^ I agree !
Old 08-12-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Thats the really bad news! Hopefully you are able to take it to a repitable body shop, and can make it good as new, if not better. Pray you dont get the annoying headlight shake, un-matched paint, or overspray! Tell the dudes at the shop you are very picky, and these things will not be tolerated! If they take their time, and know whats going on there should be no probs!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just take it to a good shop and you shouldn't have top worry about the above mentioned. I would ask the to make it better then new. Any good paint job will look better then factory. Too bad about you car though. I drool every time I see a CTS-V.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Launching!

OUCH, sorry to hear it.. I hope when you get her back she is better than new...

Bill
Old 08-14-2005, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

sorry to hear it. lame *** suv's good luck
Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

haha thanks guys. I already told the body shop that anything sub-par is unacceptable. I said if the paint isn't a perfect match then they will be held to repaint it, and they accepted the responsibility. The guy told me taht they may have to blend the panels, to which i replied that a good paint job wouldn't require the blending. I think the guy knew how serious I was. He personally drives a Z06 and I told him that I am a stickler when it comes to quality. I'll let you guys know how all turns out.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Banned

yes they will. because of the colour it should have to be blended. my truckis almost the same colour annd when it got hit they repainted and blender the entire sideof thetruck because ifyou dont you will get the halo effect
Old 08-14-2005, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by platinum
yes they will. because of the colour it should have to be blended. my truckis almost the same colour annd when it got hit they repainted and blender the entire sideof thetruck because ifyou dont you will get the halo effect

What is the halo effect?

Ben
Old 08-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Banned

you will see what looks like halos in the paint it looks like darker lines in the paint. silver is the worst colour to blend

Quick Reply: V Got Wrecked!!!!