Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Race-Prep nets 349WHP with tune alone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race-Prep nets 349WHP with tune alone!!!

This past saturday we had our first bone stock 05' CTS-V in for a tune and were surprised when it only laid down 322WHP on the baseline run, however after a few pulls we managed to get 349. Not too bad for a tune alone. We could have made more but the thing ran pretty hot and would only take so much timing with the stock thermostat. Overall the customer was amazed at how much better the car ran with literally NO mods!

-Bryan
Old 09-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Race-Prep
This past saturday we had our first bone stock 05' CTS-V in for a tune and were surprised when it only laid down 322WHP on the baseline run, however after a few pulls we managed to get 349. Not too bad for a tune alone. We could have made more but the thing ran pretty hot and would only take so much timing with the stock thermostat. Overall the customer was amazed at how much better the car ran with literally NO mods!

-Bryan
Hi Bryan i saw a 445 ls project on your web site.Is that a ls 6 core and , Are those connecting rods titanium?Do you have a project of puttting that into a cts-v?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Suspended Sponsor

No titanium rods, but it is a 445 and it made 634HP/610TQ today at the engine dyno. I can put this in a CTS-V no problem and yes it is a LS6 block but any LS late model block will handle it.

-Bryan
Old 10-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Bryan,

Thanks again to you and all the guys at Race Prep for everything, The V runs so much stronger now..its amazing what just a tune did to a bone stock V. The car was fast before but nothing like this, Now its just brutal how fast this thing gets moving. I'll will definitely be back when i get the mods on for some more tuning.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS6CAD
Bryan,

Thanks again to you and all the guys at Race Prep for everything, The V runs so much stronger now..its amazing what just a tune did to a bone stock V. The car was fast before but nothing like this, Now its just brutal how fast this thing gets moving. I'll will definitely be back when i get the mods on for some more tuning.

Nice to see you're happy with the tune... they tuned my car too and got ALL the bugs out! Actually it ran too strong... busted something in the clutch assembly at the track last Friday
Old 10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Teching In

They netted me 20rwhp on a bone stock V...down to the paper filter, and that's not just peak power. The power I picked up under the curve is what really get's this car moving. I had my first run in with a new C6 Vett today and the V just ran away from the Vett, He tried a least 4 times but the Caddy was too much I had at least 8 cars on him on a run up to 130.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Killer guys,
We live for these responses!! Let us know when you are ready for the next round on the "V"

-Bryan
Old 10-05-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS6CAD
I had my first run in with a new C6 Vett today and the V just ran away from the Vett, He tried a least 4 times but the Caddy was too much I had at least 8 cars on him on a run up to 130.
Near equal horsepower and you're 800 pounds heavier and you put 8 cars on him??? All I can say is he needs to take that Vette back for some service work or a refund. Maybe it was driver error but I can promise you that won't happen with equal driver.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

ditto
Old 10-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Actually, the C6's we have seen in house on our dyno don't put down much at all, usually in the 325-335 range, and they have TONS of torque management to slow them down even more on the street! I know this guy personally in the Cad, he knows when someone is racing and when they are not!

-Bryan

Quick Reply: Race-Prep nets 349WHP with tune alone!!!