Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Welcome new members

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005 | 01:31 AM
Launching!

I'm not a LSx tuning phenom. There are others who exceed my knowledge, have better tools and more experience. For an out-of-the box mail order, it will hold its own. It may not dyno to the last horsepower as they are on the conservative safe side and every vehicle has slightly different needs due to fuel quality, etc.

For an out of the box tune for the V, what I do is between a hand-held and a in-person eddy-current style dyno tune. As we all know, most handheld tunes have room for improvement. For the best results, everyone would have their V's tuned at all rpms and loads on an eddy-current dyno. Not many V owners choose the later path simply because not many shops around the country offer that service.

In summary, my service is like any other mail-order tuner except there is a speed density core built into them all.
Old 12-31-2005 | 05:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthV
I'm not a LSx tuning phenom. There are others who exceed my knowledge, have better tools and more experience. For an out-of-the box mail order, it will hold its own. It may not dyno to the last horsepower as they are on the conservative safe side and every vehicle has slightly different needs due to fuel quality, etc.

For an out of the box tune for the V, what I do is between a hand-held and a in-person eddy-current style dyno tune. As we all know, most handheld tunes have room for improvement. For the best results, everyone would have their V's tuned at all rpms and loads on an eddy-current dyno. Not many V owners choose the later path simply because not many shops around the country offer that service.

In summary, my service is like any other mail-order tuner except there is a speed density core built into them all.

What a different song you sing from a week or so ago. Maybe a link is in order before you ask your mod butt buds at the "other board" to delete it....... We all know how free **** tunes "buy" you free reign over there.

You prey on the ignorance of the neophytes on that board. and for that alone you should be dealt with.....

Last edited by 2c5s; 12-31-2005 at 05:27 AM.
Old 12-31-2005 | 06:51 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Let me be the first.......

Go back to your protected candy azz caddy board.
Is there a reason you are being nasty?

Please, make some technical contribution or helpful comments in your posts ... not sarcastic and demeaning remarks, ok?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2005 | 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A
Is there a reason you are being nasty?

Please, make some technical contribution or helpful comments in your posts ... not sarcastic and demeaning remarks, ok?

Thanks!

yes..... just think MMS, LAPD, APE..........
Old 12-31-2005 | 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

2c5s -

You, 10secvette, can't you play nice

By the way - most people that have StealthV tunes paid for them (or I should say, all the people I know, including me).

Can you post higher numbers with the same mods? Then let's get it on!

Your maturity (lack thereof) is histeric.

WW
Old 12-31-2005 | 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

I have never heard very many complaints about the StealthV tune.

Last edited by Parker TX; 01-02-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-31-2005 | 10:45 AM
Teching In

I, too, have always been a believer of tweaking a vehicle (car,bike,ect...) on the dyno as that is where the true potential can be seen. Monday Morning, two Vs are going to a local Vette shop, one has an appointment for a dyno tune....mine may be baselined prior to me tuning with HPTuners, if there's time.

A box tune can be made to be close, and for most that will be fine, but if the owner wants the engine to be tuned to the real potential a dyno is needed. The best option for those that want the "tailored performance" from a tune, would be a box-tune that is dyno-able to dial in the car beyond it's "self-adjust" parameters, ie. the PE table/WOT calibration. Perhaps in time that will be available, until then...the choices are out there.
-ace

Last edited by ace996; 12-31-2005 at 10:48 AM. Reason: mistake made
Old 01-01-2006 | 08:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Parker TX
I have never heard a complaint about the StealthV tune.
you just like to complain about me
Old 01-01-2006 | 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

LOL...youre just following your rules and guidelines on your forum. I didn't like the fact my post was deleted when I mentioned this site in it but never linked it. BTW welcome to Tech.
Old 01-01-2006 | 02:56 PM
Teching In

The great thing about this forum is there is no pressure to be a "supporting member" or "supporting vendor/dealer". If I see a good product I will support it regardless of its affiliations. By the same token if I see a bad product or dealer I won't think twice about criticizing. Its the American way.
Old 01-02-2006 | 12:27 AM
GTP
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rich H
The great thing about this forum is there is no pressure to be a "supporting member" or "supporting vendor/dealer". If I see a good product I will support it regardless of its affiliations. By the same token if I see a bad product or dealer I won't think twice about criticizing. Its the American way.

Agreed, and another thing. Regardless of wither I believe him or not StealthV took the time to post a detailed reply about my accusations. On the "other forum" my post would have been deleted already. See by leaving threads alone things get allot more progressive.

Aaron Lephart
Old 01-03-2006 | 10:16 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by GTP
Agreed, and another thing. Regardless of wither I believe him or not StealthV took the time to post a detailed reply about my accusations. On the "other forum" my post would have been deleted already. See by leaving threads alone things get allot more progressive.

Aaron Lephart
Well ... if a person knows how to post an objective, fair critique, that can be true. But, if someone acts like a childish brat, spitting venom and ire, things can go downhill quickly. Hence, the need for moderators.

Many children post on the internet.
Old 01-03-2006 | 12:12 PM
Teching In

Many children post on the internet.
Yup...many children read what's posted on the internet, or read over one's shoulder when one is browsing the internet, too...

Anyway, back on topic, glad I found you guys... I was wondering what happened to everyone over at the other forum. This place seems nice, Parker...I like the way you've decorated here...
Old 01-03-2006 | 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2006 | 01:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Welcome to the site guys. The difference between this site and the others is that you can actually learn how to modify/tune the cars yourself. We actually encourage our members to grab a wrench and get dirty here. There is no black art to tuning an EFI car, just need the proper software and knowledge, and a long straight section of road to do some wide-open throttle blasts on.

Also, we treat our members like adults, we do not get mad if someone mentions another site unless they purposely register here to spam us about that site. I guess our confidence is stable enough to know that most people learn to love it here and not really worry about other sites

Tony
Old 01-04-2006 | 11:33 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by keeksv
Yup...many children read what's posted on the internet, or read over one's shoulder when one is browsing the internet, too...

Anyway, back on topic, glad I found you guys... I was wondering what happened to everyone over at the other forum. This place seems nice, Parker...I like the way you've decorated here...
u r a funny guy!

I read over the shoulder of this thread because I'm a moderator (though not of this section) and the thread was reported to me. If people can't make use of the forum in the way Nine Ball suggests, I was going to pass this thread along to a moderator in this section.

Thanks for getting back on topic.
Old 01-04-2006 | 12:24 PM
Teching In

u r a funny guy!

I read over the shoulder of this thread because I'm a moderator (though not of this section) and the thread was reported to me. If people can't make use of the forum in the way Nine Ball suggests, I was going to pass this thread along to a moderator in this section.

Thanks for getting back on topic.
Hope you didn't think I was talking about you when I said "children"...my 6 year-old is always curious as to what I am writing and reading on the computer, so I really am concerned about what is written sometimes in these car forums. Thanks for keeping things civil around here
Old 01-04-2006 | 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

I have been following this forum for a bit now and the one thing i will say is that the way the ls1tech mods handle the issues here is usually very repectfully and they the ppl involved are usally warned respectfully before any acton is taken. I saw this first hand during the APE incident which wasnt very nice and sweet to say the least. The mods weeded out the folks that weren't involved with APE and left the matter to those that where including myself..... i lost some money in the affairs and i really dont regret my dececion...I have become more aware of whom i deal with and who i should steer clear of...

Also, For example, you will never find a forum without "that-guy". You know, the one that jumps on the hating wagon and says he doesnt fight though has the harshes attitude towards everyone....We have seen this on this and other threads and it will never go away. However, that member is still around, because he/she is aknowledge for what they are and are not really given to much importance unless the cause too much trouble. I see that here with the mods....

I have always been very appreciative of ls1tech and hold it in high regards. I find, IMO, that ls1tech is a great source of info with the usual forum characteristics...like, "hey, you see that box on the top right corner that says search...use it!! "

Hmhhaha..that cracks me up!!!

Moreoever, the cts-v community will, again imo, grow or evolve more if they gave this site shot. I cant express how may threads i have seen of questions about the ls6 on the cts-v site with no replies while their answers are just siting here on jrp'z cam sticky. I understand that it's a dedicated site to a vehicle but it powerplant, for example, is widely covered here on the tech and you can kind just about any combination you cna imagine with any lsx motor.

I wish that this section had more activity. I really like the adundance of info and the feel of this site. Im not saying that the caddy forum is garbage, far from that...the mods try to keep order and do just that....for example, 10secvette was causing some issues over there and he got canned...for good reason. I just feel that the cts-v community should seek an alternative source of information, without completely desmising its first choice, of sharing or just chatting around because it would help him/her find the answers you seek and instead of relying on one source which may not provide what your looking for.

Now, URby, that guy is just crazy!!!! He eats, sleeps, poops cts-v and spends every penny he finds on dynomat, or whatever he can find. Also, another great contributor, among others..is reed. I cant express how much is FAQ site has helped me out....

But i would like to see this kind of activity here on this cts-v section not because we would have more freedom because you will be dealt with here.....but because i feel that this forum has ALOT to offer, there are literally hundreds of very knowledgeable ppl here, and you really dont have to go to far to get what you need.

I know that they are a few issue, like suspension parts, that are unique to the V that arent well covered here but we can change that and make this a reliable source, though more than what it is already which isnt that bad at all...............but, it can be improved and we are the ones that can make the happen.

As for being banned, i have never been banned from any site though i have had my share or issue with fellow members. We will always have this around but it is up to us to just move on and leave the bad seeds alone because in the end....there is noway you can "win" an argument with a person that is ignorant which so happens to drive a for example.......a 10 sec. vette.... or something like that...

Last edited by obZidian; 01-04-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2006 | 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

I don't see the problem with both sites having the same members. This is a tech forum, and sure we can bs about other stuff as well. Reeds site helps so much at the best times...and one more thing

CadillacforumsCadillacforumsCadillacforumsCadillac forumsCadillacforumsCadillacforumsCadillacforumsCa dillacforumsCadillacforumsCadillacforumsCadillacfo rumsCadillacforumsCadillacforums

I wont delete that or edit it out, its ok over here!
Old 01-04-2006 | 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

This is a very confident site

Quick Reply: Welcome new members