Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Welcome new members

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:07 PM
GTP
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome new members

Just wanted to say hello to any new members who are fresh of an internet search engine or perhaps converted from another forum.

I can tell you now based on other forums on LS1Tech.com is that moderators and the website owner take a great approach to moderating these forums. When a problem does arise they don't just start editing or deleting peoples threads.

I for one got temp banned from the "other forum" because of speculation that I was going to post a PCM calibration from a known member without his/her permission.

Even after I explained my case and the fact that the tune was from a SUPPORTING vendor tuned on MY car with the OK to pass it on, they left the temp ban in place.

Whats the reason for everyone else moving along?

Aaron Lephart
Old 12-29-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTP
Just wanted to say hello to any new members who are fresh of an internet search engine or perhaps converted from another forum.

I can tell you now based on other forums on LS1Tech.com is that moderators and the website owner take a great approach to moderating these forums. When a problem does arise they don't just start editing or deleting peoples threads.

I for one got temp banned from the "other forum" because of speculation that I was going to post a PCM calibration from a known member without his/her permission.

Even after I explained my case and the fact that the tune was from a SUPPORTING vendor tuned on MY car with the OK to pass it on, they left the temp ban in place.

Whats the reason for everyone else moving along?

Aaron Lephart

They said I was fighting and get this, "sassing mods". Biggest bunch of puzzies I have ever seen. It's funny how the mods over there all have free tunes from a certain tuner and then protect him when he gets called out on his b.s..
Old 12-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Teching In

I have watched this site for about a year. I joined a few months ago. I also am tired of the other site that seems to only have one person (vendor) that everyone thinks they know everything about the CTSV. There are a lot of really great shops out there that have been in business a lot longer that really know there stuff. I get tired of hearing, if you don't run this tune than you don't have squat. I still like to read what they are saying because it is soooooo funny. I'll take my dyno tune anyday. I beleive with a modified engine, the dyno is the only way to go.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Well I joined because I have a procharger, and get more info over here about it than over there. Nobody seems too interested in the procharger over there. I have no ill feelings towards them, as I've gleened some valuable info, but am kinda doing my "own thang" with my car, and there really isn't any help over there for that. It's all about Maggie over there.

Mark
Old 12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

I guess Im here for the beer....OK whos buyin? Truth be told, Ive been lurking for about a year and a half and never thought to register and put in my .02 Im pretty active on the 'other' forum, but have an open mind about things. I like to learn about different ways of doing things. Mark in KC opened my eyes to the procharger and Im seriously contemplating a centrifugal (Rotrek?/procharger?) or heads and cam for the V. Sooooo many options, so little time.
Thanks to all who have posted insightful and informed responses and enlightened me.

F
Old 12-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Teching In

So, here's where all the troublemakers are, huh? And Aaron, you're sorely missed...

Yeah, let's get right on it...who's got tunes to share????

-ace
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ace996
So, here's where all the troublemakers are, huh? And Aaron, you're sorely missed...

Yeah, let's get right on it...who's got tunes to share????

-ace
I have a few. I can tell you this, Mr. "I create my own tables" is F.O.S.! HIs stuff is not worth repeating.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:36 PM
Teching In

10sec,
I could certainly use your help. My threads kept getting raided, and the tune-share idea didn't go over well with the congregation. I should have HPT in a few days. Send Elridge my best.
-ace
Old 12-30-2005, 12:23 AM
GTP
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2c5s
I have a few. I can tell you this, Mr. "I create my own tables" is F.O.S.! HIs stuff is not worth repeating.

I agree. If you do a search here and ls1.com you will see the following.

Him asking how to read 3rd party tunes.

Him getting into a technical debate in which he did'nt come fully prepared.

Him accused of blowing up the motor on at least 2 forced induction motors.

His "canned" tunes are simply a modified version from another vendor. And starts crying about intellectual property. What about the intellectual of the people who made the tunes in the first place?

There are a couple of people worth talking to on that forum. My only hope is they will at least cross post items on this forum. And eventually move over here. I for one will try and do most of my posting on this website.

Aaron Lephart
Old 12-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Teching In

I read both forums but this one only about every month (just registered!). There is A LOT more traffic over on the cadillacforums.com.

Todd
Old 12-30-2005, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CTSVguy
I read both forums but this one only about every month (just registered!). There is A LOT more traffic over on the cadillacforums.com.

Todd

Do you want traffic or substance? If you want to learn what works on a Lsx engine, this is one of the places to be. Listening to a blowhard phony b.s. artist is pure stupidity. It took me about 1 day to figure that out over there.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Welcome Everyone!!!!

I've been a member here for nearly 6 months.... I too follow both forums... I enjoy the candid/honest responses and the fresh ideas that this forums offers.

-John
Old 12-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Just joined to check out Madman's rear. Crap that sounds really bad :-}.

I'm on my third diff with only 5900 miles on the car. Diff number 3 has 150 miles on it. Tired of waiting for GM to come up with a fix.

GT
Old 12-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Teching In

I joined a week ago thanks to the other forum and the rear end issue and the vendor issue and then things really went to ****... Anyway I did a search or something to look for this Madman and here I am. Hello Aaron.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Welcome all,

All V members sure are a rowdy group to mod

Urb seems to have nothing better to do than mod the **** out of everyones post, or to even mention another website. This is more of a tech forum than any other based on LSX motors. Have fun over here fellows and enjoy the stay.

-Parker
Old 12-31-2005, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTP
I agree. If you do a search here and ls1.com you will see the following.

Him asking how to read 3rd party tunes.

Him getting into a technical debate in which he did'nt come fully prepared.

Him accused of blowing up the motor on at least 2 forced induction motors.

His "canned" tunes are simply a modified version from another vendor. And starts crying about intellectual property. What about the intellectual of the people who made the tunes in the first place?

There are a couple of people worth talking to on that forum. My only hope is they will at least cross post items on this forum. And eventually move over here. I for one will try and do most of my posting on this website.

Aaron Lephart
Yes Aaron, the reason you were banned on the other forum was incorrect, I agree.

If one reads my posts, I've never asked about reading 3rd party tunes. In general, my posts are helpful to others or I'm asking a legitimate question.

As a token of my helpfulness, click the link with the search already loaded...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/searc...earchid=2569812

What blown S/C engines? The only engine I'm aware of was N/A in which the customer was playing with his 6800 rev limiter, chosen by the owner against my recommendations, and broke a valve spring.

My calibrations aren't stolen. They're all in-house developed WBO2 speed density based using the AutoVE process developed through countless gallons of gasoline and hours of data logging on many CTS-Vs both N/A and S/C.

EFILive made special proprietary CTS-V calibrations for me. These calibrations have tables beyond the factory version which add valet mode and a few other things. Nothing "performance" related. To validate my claim, any one of you is free to send EFILive an email.

http://www.efilive.com/contact.html

As one of the beta testers of EFILive, I was one of the small group who helped perfect and polish the software including the speed density tuning process such as AutoVE and calibrating the MAF with the PLX WB02. The fact the EFILive even can tune a CTS-V was all done here through many trials and tribulations. Again, send EFILive an email...

Every time someone starts the EFILive software and opens a file, they are using work created by me in the following files. Download the free software at EFILive and see the facts...

http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Open up the following files and look at the headers...

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\vin.ini

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\curb_weights.ini

For a technical debate ask me the hard questions. What exactly would you like to know? Trash talking isn't a technical debate.

Last edited by StealthV; 12-31-2005 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Old 12-31-2005, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthV
Yes Aaron, the reason you were banned on the other forum was incorrect, I agree.

If one reads my posts, I've never asked about reading 3rd party tunes. In general, my posts are helpful to others or I'm asking a legitimate question.

As a token of my helpfulness, click the link with the search already loaded...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2569812

What blown S/C engines? The only engine I'm aware of was N/A in which the customer was playing with his 6800 rev limiter, chosen by the owner against my recommendations, and broke a valve spring.

My calibrations aren't stolen. They're all in-house developed WBO2 speed density based using the AutoVE process developed through countless gallons of gasoline and hours of data logging on many CTS-Vs both N/A and S/C.

EFILive made special proprietary CTS-V calibrations for me. These calibrations have tables beyond the factory version which add valet mode and a few other things. Nothing "performance" related. To validate my claim, any one of you is free to send EFILive an email.

http://www.efilive.com/contact.html

As one of the beta testers of EFILive, I was one of the small group who helped perfect and polish the software including the speed density tuning process such as AutoVE and calibrating the MAF with the PLX WB02. The fact the EFILive even can tune a CTS-V was all done here through many trials and tribulations. Again, send EFILive an email...

Every time someone starts the EFILive software and opens a file, they are using work created by me in the following files. Download the free software at EFILive and see the facts...

http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Open up the following files and look at the headers...

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\vin.ini

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\curb_weights.ini

For a technical debate ask me the hard questions. What exactly would you like to know? Trash talking isn't a technical debate.
Let me be the first.......

Go back to your protected candy azz caddy board.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:50 AM
Launching!

I like it here.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthV
I like it here.

So why not become a supporting vendor and peddle your goods??? Well, since you're a LSx tuning phenom, I would think you would want to get your product out there to the LSx masses.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2c5s
So why not become a supporting vendor and peddle your goods??? Well, since you're a LSx tuning phenom, I would think you would want to get your product out there to the LSx masses.
Valid question.

Because speed density tuning isn't practical for the masses due to having the vehicles (Camaros, Vettes, Trucks, etc.) in person and the amount of time it takes to do one from scratch. The variation of mods is countless in the Gen 3 world. No out of the box tune can cover them all.

In the V world, there are limited number of mods available from an extremely small vendor base. It is more manageable to cover all the variations. That along with having an in-house V for testing also helps.

For the Volant (yes, I know your thoughts on it and I agree, nothing special) I had one on the V and tuned for it before they were publicly available. An example of being prepared for the niche V market...

As for ponying up the cash for sponsoring LS1Tech, it's something I've considered but basically figured it was out of my reach cost wise.

Quick Reply: Welcome new members