Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

How Much HP can I gain from a new Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSilverV
I'll be getting the flow numbers today from the shop that did the work. You guys know alot more than I do so thanks for the help. Silverrado does have a smaller cam and beats me off the line. He does not have ported heads, just the cam. like he said once I hit third it's over. So yes I want to get more down low and keep as much as I can of the mid range. I have asked the shop that did the work should I do a 90MM intake/throttle body and they tell me it would be a waste of money. Now like I said I know nothing but should'nt I get a nice gain with the FAST products?
I also have one other thing! I see alot of stoker kits for 383 for less than 1,000. What else is involved? is it really that cheap to do a stoker kit? any reason to do it other than forged rod/pistons?
I'm thinking of taking some classes on engine building! Like I said I know how to change the oil and that is it.
My experiance says a Fast 90 is worth at least 10 rwhp and 10 rwt. Maybe more, but for the 3 times I've put them on, those are the avg. results I've seen. The biggest issue induction wise with these cars is the heat soak and 90' turns into the t-body.

What's included in the stroker kit? What your buying is additional cubic inches. With more cubes comes more power. What you would notice right off the bat is increased TQ down low. That's the grunt you feel at low rpm.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
i..yo.. have a problem with the way he seems to address everyone around him. I really dont care, its his business and he is old enough to see if he can get sleep at night"
It's not everyone, just a few chosen members. In short, my tone changes when dealing with crooks (stealthv, matt) and bullshitters (you).

Yes, I remember helping you, knowing your full of ****, but still helping you. Just like when you could'nt figure out how to get the knock sensor plugs off your f-body. That is basic crap and is known as a "tell". It "tells" me you have no clue what your doing. What you fail to realize is that all of your grandstanding and hypothesizing appears like you're looking for some strange internet illusion of importance and acceptance. The sad part is, someone that does not know any better is going to take your half assed advice and waste his money or hurt his engine. That's the travesty. Why, because you know just enough "buzz" words to be dangerous. Check your falsely inflated ego.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

You age, which you so eagerly like to throw around, is shinning bright and true.

Please dont try to make yourself seem the alimighty and god figure here, you youself jumped on that lsk bandwagon as soon as it was reviewd here on ls1tech just as you did with the ape hate wagon. You had nothing to do with it though you felt it necesary to start ridicluoing me (shows again your maturity level), which i did have business with them, unlike yourself, for stading nuetral on the subject.

You obviously have nothing better to do, except strap the ***** pump and hope for that scab of a dick to even see the light of day with your over hangin gut. I'm out of character to speak like this though, at this point, i really dont care... yuo are thecomic relief of the board, SIR, you have nothing to positive to say about anyone. The best you can dish out is "hmmmmmm" so dont give me or anyone reading this trash of a post that nonsense that you only take things out on ppl that you feel they deserve to be told. Who are you to judge... your are probably the most arogant, self-rightous, and possibly the biggest hater if you didn;t come up with it first.

I certainly dont see you trying to produce a tunning software with the work that stealthV has produced. You didn;t like the way his name sounded, thus, you felt it necesary to judge and slam the guy...

YOU ARE A JOKE!!! How cares if you have installed a fast manifold three THOUSAND TIMES, if you cannot realt to others and show respect as though you want it expresse dto you, you will always be veiwed as just another ***** vette owner.

Now, im sure you will just shrug all this off, agree that you are a ***** and enjoy it, call me a bullshit artist, show your skills in post quoting and inserting bolded texts of your wise remarks, which clearly show you have nothing esle better to do besides getting taht warranty on that second hand pump of yours... and say "Jr, grow up... blah blah lbah...... i have don blah blah blah blah... and you will never blah blah blah.... then add a hmmmmmm... then find one of my old post, which im sure you went through a few pages of my pold post, so you can turn it around and get a few laughs form the other members here on the board on your side...

your absolutely small and belittled by your making, sir, and its comical.

Please note, that yes, i do smoke alot of dope, i make no sense, and hav nothing to bring to the table and force everyone to do exactly what i say.

Seriously, after you posted that last sharade off my last post about your little test there, which i knew tha tfirst wasn't evena ls1 cam... ding ding ding, thus that sprial gear at the end... and the sharp cam profile common on a flat tappet hydraulic lobe, can you seriously read your own words and say you know what, im good!

Im sure you will sinc this is what keeps your friendless, world entact...

enjoy your existense... know tht i dont care what you have to say and it really doesnt "phase" me, just tired of your god-like attitute towards everyone...

you are ruing this section... not me... now, go look up soe more stuff for you to try to discredit me and them claim that you dont need to SIR...

Im waiting for your reply that will surly rock me back on my heels!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Teching In

2c5s... you obviously know your way around your car, or you play the part on the internet.

If someone says something that you feel is incorrect or unfounded in a thread, why not set the record straight for everyone, rather than calling the person an idiot and trying to tear the person down.

We are all here to LEARN and ask questions and give opinions... How can anyone learn if nobody gives the correct answers?
Old 07-28-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

dude, dont even care brotha... he is a lost cause and i almost feel ashamed of having a person like that involved in this section.

Again, i know im not the most helpful person as i fuel the fire sorta speak but.... anyways, no worries mang, its all apart of learning to deal with different ppl.

to be honest, he is still probably stuck on the fact that he has the ugly color and has to live with it!!

Last edited by obZidian; 07-28-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

You age, which you so eagerly like to throw around, is shinning bright and true.

Please dont try to make yourself seem the alimighty and god figure here, you youself jumped on that lsk bandwagon as soon as it was reviewd here on ls1tech

Is that right? Or juuuuuust maybe, valve spring tech finally caught up for use with LSx engines with a high lift "radical" lobe without having to cut the spring pockets for bigger springs. Or maybe some port designs arrived that would benefit from valve lift over .600 without stalling.

just as you did with the ape hate wagon. You had nothing to do with it though you felt it necesary to start ridicluoing me (shows again your maturity level), which i did have business with them, unlike yourself, for stading nuetral on the subject.

Since they (APE) ******* stole tens of thousands of dollars off the members of numerous boards I'm on, you defended them. You're a winner all right

You obviously have nothing better to do, except strap the ***** pump and hope for that scab of a dick to even see the light of day with your over hangin gut.

Is English your second language??

I'm out of character to speak like this though, at this point, i really dont care... yuo are thecomic relief of the board, SIR, you have nothing to positive to say about anyone.

All of your "internet buddies". My active p.m. box says otherwise.

The best you can dish out is "hmmmmmm" so dont give me or anyone reading this trash of a post that nonsense that you only take things out on ppl that you feel they deserve to be told. Who are you to judge... your are probably the most arogant, self-rightous, and possibly the biggest hater if you didn;t come up with it first.

Well, since it appears I know a little bit more than you on the subjects at hand, deal with it.

I certainly dont see you trying to produce a tunning software with the work that stealthV has produced. You didn;t like the way his name sounded, thus, you felt it necesary to judge and slam the guy...

Stealthv PRODUCED tuning software???? LMFAO!!! You're just the kind of customer he needs, dumb as a rock. He tunes with EFI live Einstien! I slammed the guy because on another board, he was flat out decieving and bullshitting people. Funny how after I brought it up people started to actually dyno their cars to check his work. Low and behold, his attitude changed about his tuning abilities. HHmmmmm. How about the 3 Stelthv tunes I have personal knoweledge of. All three horseshit tunes. All three retuned locally and low and behold, rwhp & rwt increased and no more black exhaust smoke. But according to you, I did'nt like the way his name sounded.

YOU ARE A JOKE!!! How cares if you have installed a fast manifold three THOUSAND TIMES, if you cannot realt to others and show respect as though you want it expresse dto you, you will always be veiwed as just another ***** vette owner.

I tried that, remember, but you had some opinions based on......... never owning a Fast intake. I think you're a bit jealous over this Corvette thing.

Now, im sure you will just shrug all this off, agree that you are a ***** and enjoy it, call me a bullshit artist, show your skills in post quoting and inserting bolded texts of your wise remarks, which clearly show you have nothing esle better to do besides getting taht warranty on that second hand pump of yours...

No, I'm not a *****, but I agree, you are a bullshit artist. I appreciate the fact that you noticed my computer skills, not to shabby huh. Now why is it you seem to know a good bit about these pump's you keep mentioning????

and say "Jr, grow up... blah blah lbah...... i have don blah blah blah blah... and you will never blah blah blah.... then add a hmmmmmm... then find one of my old post, which im sure you went through a few pages of my pold post, so you can turn it around and get a few laughs form the other members here on the board on your side...

Now those laughs, would they be from your "internet buddies" or my "internet buddies"? I don't think this is about people choosing sides. It's about people spewing ignorant bullshit and getting called on it. Something you obviously can't comprehend.

your absolutely small and belittled by your making, sir, and its comical.

I'm glad you're amused, keep looking for that acceptance!!

Please note, that yes, i do smoke alot of dope,

And here I thought you were just retarded.

i make no sense, and hav nothing to bring to the table and force everyone to do exactly what i say.

Now you're getting it.

Seriously, after you posted that last sharade off my last post about your little test there, which i knew tha tfirst wasn't evena ls1 cam... ding ding ding, thus that sprial gear at the end... and the sharp cam profile common on a flat tappet hydraulic lobe, can you seriously read your own words and say you know what, im good!

So you have not been serious in the drivel above? For the third time, because it's clear that comprehension is not your strong suite. Now read this realllly s-l-o-w. You said the LSK lobe was an off shoot of a flat tappet lobe. So I posted a picture of a flat tappet lobe. Then I posted a picture of a LSx cam with an XER and LSK lobe in the same picture. I asked you to pick the LSK lobe, in general, the other point was that the LSK lobe look's nothing like the flat tappet lobe you think it was created from. Get it?

Im sure you will sinc this is what keeps your friendless, world entact...

enjoy your existense... know tht i dont care what you have to say and it really doesnt "phase" me, just tired of your god-like attitute towards everyone...

Actually, it's just you. Feel special?

you are ruing this section... not me... now, go look up soe more stuff for you to try to discredit me and them claim that you dont need to SIR...

Golly, I'm sorry for ruining the section everyone. It's all my fault. Feel better Obozo?

Im waiting for your reply that will surly rock me back on my heels!!!

So are you going to keep true to form and never answer a techincal question given to you. That's another "tell". I gladly answer your questions point by point. You don't because you can't.

Have a nice weekend
Old 07-28-2006, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JB_94_z
2c5s... you obviously know your way around your car, or you play the part on the internet.

If someone says something that you feel is incorrect or unfounded in a thread, why not set the record straight for everyone, rather than calling the person an idiot and trying to tear the person down.

We are all here to LEARN and ask questions and give opinions... How can anyone learn if nobody gives the correct answers?

Well, it's been tried numerous times with this guy. The results are the same, more misinformation and bullshit. I was taught that if you just don't know the answer, shut up and listen, you may learn it. Don't try and bullshit your way through when you damn well know other people know better. Or god forbid someone takes your advice based on bullshit.

This thread was about a cam choice. He throws out LSK specific lobes for what reason? To try and look like he know's what he's talking about because he thinks it's the new hot thing. The only problem is, he has no clue. When the thread starter gets the information requested, I will at least give my opinion based on fact, not bullshit. If anyone else gives their opinion, great. If it's laced with pure bullshit, should those that know better just shut up about it? That seems to be the going trend in the U.S. today. Well, not me. If people don't like it, they should put me on their ignore list. That way, they won't see my post's.

I know people have different levels of car knowledge. Some have more, some have less obviously. Does it make any sense to bring up an advanced topic level to a thread that the thread starter admits he know's very little. It's one thing if you know what you're talking about, but the "advnd. topic raiser" has no clue. This happens here time and again. He hands out bullshit advice with no fact behind it. Cams are complicated, let's make it more complicated with stupidity.

You're correct, people come on these boards to learn. But the stupidity level is getting very old. I'm thankful he was'nt around when I was asking simple questions to increase power and learn. The thing is, he has a hard time being corrected. Even when your nice about it, the bullshit stills spews.

BTW, to the post starter, from what you have said about the current shop giving you LSx advice, they don't seem very knowledgeable on these engines. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited by 2c5s; 07-29-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Bad Trader Warning!

2c5,
I went by the shop yesterday and was told would have to come by next week to get the numbers. Asked about the FAST intake again and was told samething. These are the guys that were going to do the turbos for me once a rear end is available. I think I should maybe hold off on that plan with these guys. I looked around the shop and mostly corvettes and F-bodies. Alot of superchargers but not one turbo car. They did say why don't I just put a 12 bolt rear end in the car! They said out of a F-Body! Do you think I should run? If it was that easy I'm sure it would have been done by now.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

2c5,
I went by the shop yesterday and was told would have to come by next week to get the numbers. Asked about the FAST intake again and was told samething. These are the guys that were going to do the turbos for me once a rear end is available. I think I should maybe hold off on that plan with these guys. I looked around the shop and mostly corvettes and F-bodies. Alot of superchargers but not one turbo car. They did say why don't I just put a 12 bolt rear end in the car! They said out of a F-Body! Do you think I should run? If it was that easy I'm sure it would have been done by now.
I would run and not look back. Email me your dyno sheet.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

WOW!!!! ladies and gentlemen, there it is....

The Grand Sir of the LSX motor and Engineer of all things in motorports....

Don. 2c5.. give it up!!! He needs a good one, come on, let him hear it...

Yet again, we are humbled by his skills and attention to details. Come on, you gotta give him better than that... he works hard for ya'll....
Old 07-29-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

WOW!!!! ladies and gentlemen, there it is....

The Grand Sir of the LSX motor and Engineer of all things in motorports....

Don. 2c5.. give it up!!! He needs a good one, come on, let him hear it...

Yet again, we are humbled by his skills and attention to details. Come on, you gotta give him better than that... he works hard for ya'll....
Once again, obZidian can't answer a technical question to save his life. Did you pick out that LSK lobe yet. LMFAO!!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Addict

TXsilverV.. you got mail!!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Second Club

TXsilverV.. you got mail!!

No no no no, TXsilverV, let me help you.......... LMAO!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

funny, my 408 cam is at 246/248 114 and i make just as much as 2c5 with a m6.
Q. How come you have never posted a dyno graph?????????????????????????????

A. Cause it's bullshit!!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Bad Trader Warning!

How do I post my Dyno? I have baseline thru what is done now. I also have one with the nitrous which I thought was bad for the 100HP shot I only got 80?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Here you go...

408ci, GM heads, ss3600 stalled, mustang dyno, bad false knock, with a slipping 4l60e.... oh, and unlocked TC. Locked she would pull close to 500rwhp. Same motor did 537rwhp and 49ishtrq. through a m6.

Last edited by obZidian; 07-30-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

How do I post my Dyno? I have baseline thru what is done now. I also have one with the nitrous which I thought was bad for the 100HP shot I only got 80?
there are numerous ways of getting it done. You can post the pic(s) on a free photo service board like photobucket. There are a few to choose from. What i do is that i opened a cardomain at, well, cardomain , posted the pics there and just copy them over to here. They need to be broadcasted on the net (available from a linked website and not just a save photo on your computer) in order to have it show up here.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Here you go...

408ci, GM heads, ss3600 stalled, mustang dyno, bad false knock, with a slipping 4l60e.... oh, and unlocked TC. Locked she would pull close to 500rwhp. Same motor did 537rwhp and 49ishtrq. through a m6.

Wow, that's stout... What were the conditions of the run, you know.. temp, baro. humidity. When did you make it back up to Michigan to have the car dynoed? The dyno sheet says May. I thought you lived in Florida. DId you install that stroker? I thought you bought the engine from APE?

Last edited by 2c5s; 07-30-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

engine was purchased back in november of 2004. Had it installed in feburary of 2005. Had some valve spring issues (ferrea) and fought that for a while. Abut two or three sets of ferrea springs later (their endurance springs .650+ lift) i tired and trailered the car to michigan on a u-haul trailer in april of this year.

Dont remember the dyno weather factors. Yes, i live in florida, cars up there getting a few finishing touches....
Old 08-01-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

engine was purchased back in november of 2004. Had it installed in feburary of 2005. Had some valve spring issues (ferrea) and fought that for a while. Abut two or three sets of ferrea springs later (their endurance springs .650+ lift) i tired and trailered the car to michigan on a u-haul trailer in april of this year.

Dont remember the dyno weather factors. Yes, i live in florida, cars up there getting a few finishing touches....

Mustang numbers mean **** without the weather info. Manual input means you get any number they want you to have. Surely you know that. Trying to convert it to dynojet numbers is like ricer math. Why is it you answer all the easy questions and can't answer the follow up questions to your LSK ramblings?? Another "tell", again. Thanks for the insightfull information.

Quick Reply: How Much HP can I gain from a new Cam?