Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Is the CTS-V "really" a reliable car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Butler county, right above slimey ass Cincinnati, OH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the CTS-V "really" a reliable car?

I strolled up to my local caddy dealer yesterday looking to trade my Z71 Tahoe off on a LS6 V to give to my wife before I leave off to Fort Leonard Wood for 5mos.

Beautiful car. 04' Silver w/Black leather. 10K on the clock, and originally owned by an advid car collector.

O.K. So I take it to the house to show the wife, on the way their I hop on the hwy hit a quick 140 in it then cruise the limit the rest of the way home.

Pull up in the driveway, the wife loves it, (Knew how to use the navi/XM radio better than me) and then it starts.

When I hit that 140 on the hwy, "the windows were down". First thing I see is a piece of weatherstripping on the top pillar and windshield sticking about 6inches up in the air. Then when I looked in the backseat, "BOTH" rear curtain airbags were hanging down. (WTF?!?!?!)

So on the way back, (After I tucked the curtainbags back up) the wife hits a 100 in it, then we cruise back and what-do-know, that window strip is sticking up again.

The Tremecs shifter was alittle notchy to me, it suffered from alittle wheelhop even when floored from 10-mph "after" going through the intersection. (Which I've heard can be corrected)

But, for some odd reason I was just expecting more from this V-series. Especially for a bargain American Performance car w/a 35K price tag.

Now I'm not bagging on the caddy, (Mainly, because where else can you find LS6 & tremec wrapped in 4drs w/a caddy badge on it) but with some 04's blowing rear-ends, the weird build quilty, (and from what I here) none really getting into the "11's" modified.

Is the CTS-V really worth buying.

BULL

Last edited by IRONBULL; 08-13-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

I have had my car for alomst two years and everytime I drive it I have a smile on my face. It all depends on what you want the car for. I personally bought it for speed and luxury at a bargin price (compared to some others out there). Everyday someone else is surprised that the caddy blows their doors off. I also have a wheel hop kit so it helps in that department, and if you are looking for a drag car to run in the 11s, get another choice. This car will smoke alot of the competition and looks really hot. I have 35,000 with only one rear replaced, and no other major troubles.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Hmmm, thanx ahahnu.

BULL
Old 08-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Default Airbag covers

I had the airbag covers come down on my first regular cts and in the V that I currently own. There are upgradded parts for them if you take it in to get warrenty work done.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

So you figure afew upgraded 06' parts (Rearend, airbags, etc.) at it's o.k.

Thanx.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just turned 28K on my V and it's been a great car. I did have my sail panels come down at high speeds. Thoses were replaced and I know to have the windows up at 120+ now. Still on the stock rear and it's doing fine. Buy the car for what it is. A high performance luxury car, not a race car. If that's what you want you will be more the happy with the V. I still get a huge smile on my face everytime I dive my V. Not that my wife lets me do that much.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Thanx paul I gotta go up to the dealer later on today, I'll let c'yall know how it turned out.

BULL

Quick Reply: Is the CTS-V "really" a reliable car?