Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HP Mod/Chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Mod/Chip

Im a noob, but man do I love my new V. Is there a chip/mod that can add HP without voiding warrranty from factory? Mine is a 2004 V.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

unless you have the capabilities to swap from stock to mod'd tune before any service, a tune would probably constitute as enough to void your warranty. You can ask your service and see what they say, possibly come to an agreement. possibly!!

There really isn't a chip for this platform, just a reflash of the stock pcm. There are tune-it-yourself software(s) that can help. There is also a few generic tuning tools that will help but i would stay away from those. There is a particular tuner that has a tne for the V's that is mail order, check cadillacforums.com for that. ITs a mailorder and you cannot replace if for a dyno tune, however, he has done more then just WOT tune the V and has added a few interesting features... check it out.

ME, i would tune it myself for part throttle then dyno tune for WOT... and probably void my warranty but really, caddi service reps and techs are just like every other dealer service department... take the warranty for what it is and if your service department is cool about it, go for but make 110% sure of that.

good luck!!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Putting a tune on a stock car is a waste of money. But if your serious about it and don't want to void your warranty, go buy a second pcm and tune it. When you go in for service, swap the pcm's, it take about 15 minutes.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a handheld flasher for sale with 3 tunes in it for your CTS-V. You can put in or put to stock any of the tunes very quickly. pm me or email me if interested.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Default Tuner Question

In the real world what does the tune actually add performance wise? Is it air/fuel mix plus optimized shift points etc? Please help the noob understand. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Air fuel is fixed, Timing is fixed. Shift points cant be changed as it is a manual trans.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wait4me
Air fuel is fixed, Timing is fixed. Shift points cant be changed as it is a manual trans.
Ding! Ding! Ding!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Putting a tune on a stock car is a waste of money. But if your serious about it and don't want to void your warranty, go buy a second pcm and tune it. When you go in for service, swap the pcm's, it take about 15 minutes.
have you seen what ppl have gotten out of their STOCK ls2 TBSS'z? or a stock ls6/ls2 from a cts-V?

I agree that you really dont need and that you might as well wait since you are gonna need another tune with the mods applied, but its not a complete waste that there is a moderate level performance left on the table when the the car left the plant.

If somebody wants to just tune it now and not mod it for a while, let say they are worried about a voided warranty and they wouldn't mind another tune when they finally get a few decent mods, then sure, go ahead. Its all part of the game and "waste to a person is breakfast to another"

You could swap the pcm Of get a software and rewrite it back to stock before going to service, as long as you dont lock it of get a tune that is locked (common mail order operation), you can reflash it back to stock...