Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anyone Order the Tv module from Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone Order the Tv module from Japan?

I have one on order, just wondering if anyone tried it out yet? They came stock in them over there.. Lucky guys.... I was able to turn on the inputs in the Radio itself. So now ill i need is that module and i think im all set.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didnt know those could be hooked up to our radios...where'd you order from anyways??? and do you have to open up the nav or does it plugin from the outside????
Old 08-15-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

There is an option in the Bin file of the radio to turn it on. After i get it all figured out and the parts here, ill let you guys know how to do it.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wait4me
There is an option in the Bin file of the radio to turn it on. After i get it all figured out and the parts here, ill let you guys know how to do it.
wow, I have no idea what that means....btw are you doing any tuning on the V's?? I loved the tune you did for me on the tahoe...just did'nt know if you could do these...
Old 08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, we have tunes set up for just about anything. Gas and Diesel. The Ctsv one is set up very cool. I us the custom os5 from Efilive on them, so they are exact.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wait4me
Yes, we have tunes set up for just about anything. Gas and Diesel. The Ctsv one is set up very cool. I us the custom os5 from Efilive on them, so they are exact.
still dont know what that means...but, are your prices the same?? I think I paid +/-150$ for a new pcm and a tune...sorry I guess I should be E-mailing you...and whats a os5
Old 08-17-2006, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

I didn't realize you had to turn the inputs on manually... I knew they were there all along, but don't know how to activate them. "Bin file of the radio.." is this the firmware of the NAV unit or accessible through programming via Tech2?

Also, I'm thinking of picking up my own EFILive cable for tweaks in the future. Would you be able to send one of your 'baseline' CTS-V tunes via E-mail, for a fee? Yes, I want the added tables and fun features too.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Imperator
I didn't realize you had to turn the inputs on manually... I knew they were there all along, but don't know how to activate them. "Bin file of the radio.." is this the firmware of the NAV unit or accessible through programming via Tech2?

Also, I'm thinking of picking up my own EFILive cable for tweaks in the future. Would you be able to send one of your 'baseline' CTS-V tunes via E-mail, for a fee? Yes, I want the added tables and fun features too.

I would thing the radio is accesible through the tech2...it is on most of the newer cars, well its not direct access but when your in the "body" section some of the stuff is in there....either way I'd still like to be able to do this.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, i give out the tunes for free for anyone that buys EFILive from me. As for a price on Replacement computer and tune it is only $158.10.

Bin file means that i pulled off the flash and read it and minipulated it.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default cts

i just got a cts 2.8 my first v-6 ever it wanted the v but i couldnt get it just now.. does anyone know where i can have my car tunned or what mods i can do to it so it wont be such an easy kill... another thing how do you remove the stereo i want to install an amp and too subs..
Old 08-18-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad intentions
i just got a cts 2.8 my first v-6 ever it wanted the v but i couldnt get it just now.. does anyone know where i can have my car tunned or what mods i can do to it so it wont be such an easy kill... another thing how do you remove the stereo i want to install an amp and too subs..

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...lac-cts-forum/

they should be able to help....not many mods available for the car though, the ecu restricts everything...but you can do exhaust and intake...I think they even came out with some headers now....good luck.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default thanks

thanks for the info is that the only site for cts cause i have gone there but havent found much info on this engine type i know i should have gotten an 8
Old 08-19-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad intentions
thanks for the info is that the only site for cts cause i have gone there but havent found much info on this engine type i know i should have gotten an 8

I dont think its the only site, but from what Ive found has the most traffic....and theres no prob gettin the 6 I love my 6 banger camaro, besides the aussies are coming out with (supposedly) with a turbo kit and new ecu thats supposed to make the 6cyl put out power in the V range...so you never know.

Quick Reply: Anyone Order the Tv module from Japan?