Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Painted Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted Calipers

Has anyone painted their brake calipers recently? if so which product do you reccomend? i know of two different ones. one is a two part epoxy that has a one time use and costs 50 bucks. the other is a duplicolor spray can and is able to be re-used over and over again. any suggestions?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:32 PM
AAK
Teching In

Default Painted Calipers

I have tried some "low priced" paint alternatives (not all of them worked too good) and this one positively works. It is a nice gloss look with no fade, no cracking and no peeling. The heat does not hurt it either. I have tried it in a spray can and by the quart (liquid). The liquid is the easiest way to apply it by using a small brush. It is Rust-O-Leum, High Performance Protective Enamel, Oil-Based, and the color is SAFETY RED - GLOSS. Home Depot and Lowe's usually stock it for about $8 a quart. It looks good and holds up.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I used the VHT High temp spray paint and have had no issues since i did mine but that was a couple years ago.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

VHT or DUPLI-COLOR..Did mine 2 years+ ago..touched up a couple rock chips..used DUPLI.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAK
I have tried some "low priced" paint alternatives (not all of them worked too good) and this one positively works. It is a nice gloss look with no fade, no cracking and no peeling. The heat does not hurt it either. I have tried it in a spray can and by the quart (liquid). The liquid is the easiest way to apply it by using a small brush. It is Rust-O-Leum, High Performance Protective Enamel, Oil-Based, and the color is SAFETY RED - GLOSS. Home Depot and Lowe's usually stock it for about $8 a quart. It looks good and holds up.
I just made a post on this also I seen some on tirerack i heard was good but its about 40 dollars. What does this red look like do you have any pictures??
Old 04-29-2007, 04:40 PM
AAK
Teching In

Default Red color paint

SpdFrk1990,
If you are asking me about the Rust-o-leum, it looks great. It is a true red color, not bright fire engine red and not a dull red. It does not fade, it stays the red color. I've got it on my 2002 SS Camaro which has a black exterior. It is a near match to the red on the SS badge on the side fender. I don't have any pictures but I guess I could get one if need be. The main reason I like this paint is that it does not fade under these harsh conditions.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AAK
SpdFrk1990,
If you are asking me about the Rust-o-leum, it looks great. It is a true red color, not bright fire engine red and not a dull red. It does not fade, it stays the red color. I've got it on my 2002 SS Camaro which has a black exterior. It is a near match to the red on the SS badge on the side fender. I don't have any pictures but I guess I could get one if need be. The main reason I like this paint is that it does not fade under these harsh conditions.
Cool thanks
Old 05-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

I had mine powder coated 20k miles ago, they clean nicely not a mark, chip, nothing, only cost me $150
Old 05-05-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AAK
SpdFrk1990,
Thanks man I just picked some up cant wait to try it. I went to Home Depot first and they only had it in the spray can and in a gallon so then I went to Lowes and they had it in the quart.
Attached Thumbnails Painted Calipers-p1000821.jpg  
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM

for only $150 i think i'll have mine powdercoating considering its better than paint any way.

Quick Reply: Painted Calipers