Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tailight Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailight Question?

Hey guys, i am new to ctsv world. Quick question about the blacked out headlights and tailights. Where did u get them done at? and how much did they cost?. any feedback would be great, thanx
Old 11-21-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

did mine myself with a can of niteshades and some clear.....and the big one is patience.

just google niteshades....you'll find tons of guides on how to do it.

My 3rd brakelight is done too, just don't have any pics since I did it.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:23 AM

thanks alot man, that info was very helpful
Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Teching In

car is sick, love the deck lid
Old 11-24-2007, 08:29 AM

Nice job: I had to tint my windows in VA, but then had to remove them as the car would not pass inspection. Now I am thinking of buying a set of extra taillights and fronts headlights. But do you have the instructions on how to remove the lights and also how to paint and coat them. Never done this so it would be helpful.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you've never painted anything before I'd stay away and hire it done.....otherwise like I said earlier, google niteshades....

as for how to remove the taillights.....it's 2 maybe 3 10mm nuts. Just pull back some carpet and everything will be exposed.....
Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 PM

thanx alot for your info, much appreciated. BTW what kind of exhaust setup do you have on ur V,(if any), what would you recomend, and or change if you could. I am lookin to do a full exhaust, headers, catback the works. I have done some research and i wanna go with the kooks headers and corsa catback, to me it sounds the best and nets the best power. Sorry for the long diatribe but i am new to the ctsv world, and if you could maybe just list some basic bolt on stuff that a newbie could start with it would be much appreciated. Thanx alot
Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by elevated
thanx alot for your info, much appreciated. BTW what kind of exhaust setup do you have on ur V,(if any), what would you recomend, and or change if you could. I am lookin to do a full exhaust, headers, catback the works. I have done some research and i wanna go with the kooks headers and corsa catback, to me it sounds the best and nets the best power. Sorry for the long diatribe but i am new to the ctsv world, and if you could maybe just list some basic bolt on stuff that a newbie could start with it would be much appreciated. Thanx alot
If your question is towards me - then I would go with Kooks + Corsa : I currently have B&B and have to remove it to get Kooks headers, since I did not want to do any custom fab. I want to stay just bolt on items.

Also look into High flow cats, CAI and S/C at the front and maybe a cam if you want the loud abnoxious truck like sound.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

I prefer the Kooks + Corsa also. I don't think you'll see a major difference in gains between the different systems, so it really depends on which sound you prefer. Your best bet is to try to listen to some various ones in person. At a local meet here a while back we had Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow, and B&B all lined up side by side and they all have a different sound.

Quick Reply: Tailight Question?