Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V vs SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Honestly, I love my vette but,...now having something ELSE to drive,..makes me enjoy my two seat wonder all the more(even though the bastard ***** is underconsrtuction). Nothing like sitting on a moving sofa, lol.

The new CTs's....I gotta say, are beautiful cars,...if I can say that. I have a standing love for the "old" V's but..this new one, even the 3.6 liter direct injection, is wonderfully designed. I think the new look is sleeker,..lower appearing, and also, come with a proper stance out of the factory. And, that just the V6 version. In order (in my opinion) to make an OLD V look good, you gotta put some wild wheels on it, to give it a proper stance(the same can be said for my corvette) but,.... this new one,...looks great.

I do see several at our dealership with all kinds of wheels on them, which look great but,...I would like to see a proper 3 piece on one(haven't seen one yet).

My general manager went to a recent hummer/cadillac, where he was able to sit in the NEW V's....with the RECARO interiors,.....and he was star struck(this guy owns a C5R blocked fully built trans am with alot of upgrades)anways...he can't wait till they arrive,.... and he is ordering all of our V's with the interior upgrades.

A couple of things,...are however, hard to work on. We had a 3.6 liter, not to long ago,...we had to drop the fuel tank. What a pain in the *** that was,.... Now, the old V was kinda a pain as well, especially with the cars that had KARS cradle kits,...but,....the new ones, atleast THAT aspect, is harder to deal with. Like anything though,...it's a learning curve. They seem to be great cars,...that look sweet,...and drive like champs.

Truly lookng forward to the new arrival of our FIRST V. Can't wait.
I don't think I will buy a first year V. I will wait till 2010. In the mean time, I might get another C5Z. They are so cheap. Its crazy....Don't you have a C5Z, white or something. Should I hold out for a C6Z. I am finding C5Z's in the low 20's... The old V is a champ for sure. I can't wait to see how this new one performs....Where do you live again, what dealership do you work for?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Now, the old V was kinda a pain as well, especially with the cars that had KARS cradle kits.
Yep, that be me, I remember that a full tank of fuel did not make it any easier. Thanks for the effort that day!!!!!

,,, and stop being evasive, if you 'had' to get a sedan, the V1 would be your choice, of course it would have a C5R block and twins.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

im down for a race! im in tampa too! ive got a forged 370 block, stock heads, cam, tvs2300, rpm transmission, w/a 3200 stall. lets do it! this is a tbss btw.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Try a Jeep!!! From a stop....
meh, try a V, IN THE TURNS.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ubervette
meh, try a V, IN THE TURNS.
Funny you say that, My V was my road race car.....So I know more than they average about the V in the turns...my jeep on a SHORT track would murder a V in a turn.....crazy but true.....only because I have major track mods on a AWD platform.....Driver from here on after that.....

Quick Reply: V vs SRT8