Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

MikeNice Banned from Caddyforums? re: keep it clean

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait...so what happened that made you guys get banned???
Old 07-05-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

That big mixed up thread ended up getting some naked pictures in it. So Urb closed it, so
I started a new thread so we could keep posting naughty pictures in, so I got a warning

NiceMike on the otherhand, just questioned the vulgarity of the pics that were posted. Which weren't really that bad, and they booted him til monday. One of the pics was a naked girls back in the tub and you could see a little *** crack, the other was a small side shot of a naked girl and you could see a little bit of nipple.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

ah....ya that's pretty shitty...but on the other hand put a NSFW tag on it and know that you can't go there during work.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wanted to add that i was a regular on cadillac forums but there all abunch of purse carring doush nuggets that only reply to threads to get there post up. I hate that site

ls1tech 4 life!

Thats just my personal experience and its not the same section you guys visit thats just my general experience i have EVERYTIME i go there. Seems to me like most of the people with 10,000 post are burnt out and forgot the reason why they are there in the first place
Old 07-07-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

word.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jon you talk alot of **** about me....do you know me? No, so shut your mouth.

You sound like a butt hurt *** in this thread. Ls1tech doesnt need people like you...we know are ****, go spread your nonsense BS at caddyforums, and call it a day.

bye now.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NemeSS
u hvae to pay to be a member on that site yall are talking about?
sounds stupid to me, but oh well, to each his own
No, you don't Being a supporting member is optional.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
Jon you talk alot of **** about me....do you know me? No, so shut your mouth.

You sound like a butt hurt *** in this thread. Ls1tech doesnt need people like you...we know are ****, go spread your nonsense BS at caddyforums, and call it a day.

bye now.
I've never had a personal beef with you on CF, but you're painting yourself as a white as snow poster when that was not the case.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tony Orlando
Questioning forum moderators or admins will get you a temp ban on just about any forum. The Cadillacforums site is cracking down hard on this stuff lately because the forums are getting out of control, so you suffered more than some because of all the other people getting raunchy and mouthing off to admins lately.

Being a paid subscriber doesn't excuse anyone from the rules, and questioning the people in charge is never a great idea. It's only temporary, so you shouldn't be too pissed. Just don't go making alternate accounts and trying to circumvent a temp ban (I'm looking at you, "Bleeee").

As far as the two forums go, this site has a ton of general LS6 knowledge on it in the engine section, but the CTS-V section flat out blows (there's still threads on the first page here that haven't been replied to in 10 days). It's not the fault of the people who run this site, but simply because everyone hangs on the other forum. Most of the threads here are rehashes of already existing topics over there, and have 1/10th as many responses.

This is a great site for powertrain/tuning/cam info, but for specific CTS-V stuff like interior, suspension and other things, cadillacforums.com is unbeatable.
Well said. If one doesn't like CF, fine. But try to withhold the bashing since many of us here can actually enjoy both forums...
Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
That big mixed up thread ended up getting some naked pictures in it. So Urb closed it, so
I started a new thread so we could keep posting naughty pictures in, so I got a warning

NiceMike on the otherhand, just questioned the vulgarity of the pics that were posted. Which weren't really that bad, and they booted him til monday. One of the pics was a naked girls back in the tub and you could see a little *** crack, the other was a small side shot of a naked girl and you could see a little bit of nipple.
Sounds like the came down hard on you guys!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds pretty whiny like a 300c forum or a typical import forum... which 24's or which portholes?

However, I couldn't find much relevant info over on the other forum when I was in the market for a 05 V, and still can't find anything juicy on the 2nd gen that makes the site scream "add to the community."
Too much...... "post whoring," like clublexus or mbworld.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

I like CF's fine but my one gripe is that if you're not a supporting member people avoid answering your threads. I'm not going to pay if I'm not getting help, and I'm not getting much help so .....

I try to spend time at both so I can help people with my very limited knowledge.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jerrad
I like CF's fine but my one gripe is that if you're not a supporting member people avoid answering your threads. I'm not going to pay if I'm not getting help, and I'm not getting much help so .....

I try to spend time at both so I can help people with my very limited knowledge.
ditto
Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z

maybe you shoudla posted some naked guy pics casue they all sound liek a bunch of **** over on that forum....
Old 07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jerrad

but they sure as **** ram it down that you are not a supporting member
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Why is it such a problem when you have cadillacforums members vs LS1Tech. It's stupid. Let's learn from each other and let the tools suffer.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Teching In

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what this thread has to do with the CTS-V, LS6,LS2 or anything car related. It looks more like a MYSpace page for crying about internet relationships.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ALBUNDY
Why is it such a problem when you have cadillacforums members vs LS1Tech. It's stupid. Let's learn from each other and let the tools suffer.
Agreed.

This place has much more indepth technical information, particularly engine/powertrain related, whereas cadillacforums.com has a much wider range of vehicle-as-a-whole-related discussions. Yeah, some of those discussions/posts are fluffy and near worthless, no doubt. But, let's face it, what hurts this place is when sometimes the discussions here seem like 13-year-olds trying hard to be 17-year-olds and can be painful to read such as being broadbrushed as a "dipshit" and a "doush nugget" by people who can't spell and assume they have more technical capability than the next guy when if fact they just don't really know how much technical knowledge that next guy has. That's precisely what keeps LS1tech.com a notch lower than where it could be.

Both forums provide a measure of overlap, while complementing each other quite well, IMHO. I enjoy them both and am glad to be a member of both.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Rand said doush nugget. Heh heh.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tony Orlando
Rand said doush nugget. Heh heh.

I was going to call him out on the spelling but apparently both "douche" and "doush" are acceptable forms when used in this context.

Quick Reply: MikeNice Banned from Caddyforums? re: keep it clean