Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cadillac CTS-V On Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to inform but I do have one. 95 5.0 (silver). No Hillbilly about me at all. Got it like 8 years ago, and she still runs strong.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

ur still young... like i said, i had them too, and are great tuners for a cheap budget.
but as u grow, so will ur taste...enjoy it while u can...time goes by pretty fast.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Previous '91 owner here. Loved that car. I hammered that car all day and never had a single problem. Drove several but nothing compared to the '03 Cobra I nearly bought. Handling and overall ride were much improved in those cars and the power.....well....the potential is unreal.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Banned

i agree, my tuner has a steetable 9 sec. 93 cobra...
they are mass produced almost to a fault with all the aftermarket
bolt ons....but like one member said...exclusivity! in 4 yrs of production
we(cadillac/GM) have under 20,000 units total...ford made that in a month with
the foxbodies...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BacDoc
Previous '91 owner here. Loved that car. I hammered that car all day and never had a single problem. Drove several but nothing compared to the '03 Cobra I nearly bought. Handling and overall ride were much improved in those cars and the power.....well....the potential is unreal.
I've owned two 93 LX 5.0, and the 95 I still have. The little T-5 in the car will allow you to bang, beat, mash, and whatever else you wanted to do to it without any qualms. The only issue I ever had was the paint peeling off of the car. Obviously with the V, I won't be driving the Stang as much.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

I sold my 03 Cobra for my V. Very different cars for sure...I wanted something a little more practical but still had *****. Couldnt be happier with my choice.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JD03Cobra
I sold my 03 Cobra for my V. Very different cars for sure...I wanted something a little more practical but still had *****. Couldnt be happier with my choice.
I had the paperwork on an '03 once....couldn't talk myself into it....just wasn't practical at the time.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1actsv
I'm not sure on this but... I think the light change may have something to do with passing European specs.
all euro cars that come outa lansing grand river assembly for export (where are cars are made) have to have the side blinker lights... back when i was a senior i took a class through school with gm called the l.a.m.p. program. its one of the first things i noticed about the export cars when we were out in the plant doing projects...

caddys that go to china get these explosive charges under the hood near the windsheild that blows the hood up if you hit a pedestrian so they dont come into the windsheild.. sounds weird but my brother puts the sensors and packs in at the plant lmao
Old 08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Add me to that list.

I had a '94 Mustang Cobra. Drove it hard for 13 years, and was very very happy with it. I really loved that stang, shed a few tears when I sold it. I couldn't believe the demand I got in response to the for sale ads. First person who saw it paid cash on the spot

Got an '04 V as a replacement. Very very different beasts, but the V is an excellent replacement for the stang.

Ron
Old 08-19-2008, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JOHN_DEERE_LS6
all euro cars that come outa lansing grand river assembly for export (where are cars are made) have to have the side blinker lights... back when i was a senior i took a class through school with gm called the l.a.m.p. program. its one of the first things i noticed about the export cars when we were out in the plant doing projects...

caddys that go to china get these explosive charges under the hood near the windsheild that blows the hood up if you hit a pedestrian so they dont come into the windsheild.. sounds weird but my brother puts the sensors and packs in at the plant lmao
Yeah that's what I figured. Although the market for these cars in Europe is insignificant at best, I supposed the still have to meet those standards. Installing a sensor to your car explodes if you hit a pedestrian...that's pretty extreme. I wonder why they took it to that level? Any insight?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BacDoc
I had the paperwork on an '03 once....couldn't talk myself into it....just wasn't practical at the time.
Yeah I know what you mean, I almost bought a Yellow 03 for 18.6 with only 8,900 miles on it. This was back in 04 though, and I already had a 93 and a 95, so the car would have sat for a year until I came back from overseas. I kinda kick myself every now and then about that deal; but I got the V now so all is well again.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Banned

wonder why they took it to that level? Any insight?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OHSIXCTSV
wonder why they took it to that level? Any insight?

you never cease to amaze me...lol
Old 08-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned

=]~ eeeek!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1actsv
Yeah that's what I figured. Although the market for these cars in Europe is insignificant at best, I supposed the still have to meet those standards. Installing a sensor to your car explodes if you hit a pedestrian...that's pretty extreme. I wonder why they took it to that level? Any insight?
The idea is to throw bicyclers and pedestrians away from the vehicle using the hood so they don't get run over.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JimmiSizzzle
The idea is to throw bicyclers and pedestrians away from the vehicle using the hood so they don't get run over.
holy crap 3 year old thread..........
Old 04-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Teching In

My favorite quote from the episode was when he was like "the gearbox is rubbish".

Yep... he hit the nail on the head on that one
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Where is the :backfromthedead: smiley when you need it? LOL

But yeah, i never saw that episode. Thanks for the resurrection

Quick Reply: Cadillac CTS-V On Top Gear