Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cts-V getting stripped naked....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
I know the flat black stripes aren't for everyone but I always wanted to see a silver one with my old scheme. They didn't pop on the black paint, you really couldn't tell until you got really close to the car. But on a Silver car, it would be sick....just an idea

SilveradoSS500,
That looks mean, please advise on how you did it, is it DIY or body shop, and did you tape off to paint the one on the lid.
Thanks.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OHSIXCTSV
i'm torn on the "rims" situation...our silver cars look good with the stockers as they are same color as car and calipers...i want to do either chrome and leave the existing chrome front trim/ mesh grill alone....
or gloss black and black out said pieces...
or maybe just widen stockers an inch in the rear and leave the rest alone...
???
thats why i love this car, it will always look good no matter what u do to it...
it's got great lines!
Get some black on those rims:

Ain't a V, but you get the idea.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned

wow silverado...nice sceme with the flat blck...car came 2gether nicely!
srry about the accident...but time heals all wounds, some wounds just take alittle more time...but u do get over it. i'm not sure if im that brave as of yet...all other funds are going toward turbo system...next spring is another story...

onebad ur right..that looks sick...thanks for making me toss and turn at night. not!
lol
Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

I know the flat black stripes aren't for everyone but I always wanted to see a silver one with my old scheme. They didn't pop on the black paint, you really couldn't tell until you got really close to the car. But on a Silver car, it would be sick....just an idea
u meant flat blck on silver or matt silver on silver?...
maybe doesspeed can help...he's the master photoshop
resident... hook it up!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's my custom grille
Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

onebad ur right..that looks sick...thanks for making me toss and turn at night. not!
lol
Don't be slamming my DD-it gets 32MPG highway. If you ever down here in SoFlo (after you clean up those paternity suits on South Beach), I will take you for a ride, be sure to bring yo brown boxers.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by onebadcad
SilveradoSS500,
That looks mean, please advise on how you did it, is it DIY or body shop, and did you tape off to paint the one on the lid.
Thanks.
Thanks guys, I miss my V. It is what it is....

I used Fine line tape (There are so many types) to tape off everything. Then I scotched tape the area around the fine line then add plastic over the WHOLE vehicle and proceeded to cut around area's I was painting. Front stripes, rear spoiler/trunk, all emblems, wheels. I did it all in one day. I did do this in a really nice body shop that my buddies father owns. Stuarts Paint in body. They do all of 21st Century Motorsports cars (lingenfelter in Dallas) I have sat in many twin turbod vettes up there. Anyways!!! The flat black is 3M spray paint. The great thing about flat black paint is that it ponds nicely everywhere u- like high gloss paint jobs that have to be wet sanded, painted evenly etc. I got scotch brite pads and scuff desired area and spray painted it. If it ever messed up, you can easily spray a dab to fix area, no un-even spots. 3M Flat Black spray paint is what they use to fix Ferrari bumpers when they come in the shop. (they do ALL of Ferrari of Dallas's cars)

I painted my emblems with Audi Black and cleared area, with a paint gun.

It was very simple and this can be done in your garage with SPRAY PAINT,TIME! Painting is the only hard thing. But I would use a local shop if you never have painted a car part or messed around with it....
Attached Thumbnails Cts-V getting stripped naked....-02-25-06_1346.jpg   Cts-V getting stripped naked....-06-26-06_0143.jpg  

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 09-03-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Don't be slamming my DD-it gets 32MPG highway. If you ever down here in SoFlo (after you clean up those paternity suits on South Beach), I will take you for a ride, be sure to bring yo brown boxers.
i def wasnt slammin that car...u have great taste.
i was commenting on the fact ur gonna make me loose MORE sleep than i allready do. honestly. lol
Old 09-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned

Thanks guys, I miss my V. It is what it is....

I used Fine line tape (There are so many types) to tape off everything. Then I scotched tape the area around the fine line then add plastic over the WHOLE vehicle and proceeded to cut around area's I was painting. Front stripes, rear spoiler/trunk, all emblems, wheels. I did it all in one day. I did do this in a really nice body shop that my buddies father owns. Stuarts Paint in body. They do all of 21st Century Motorsports cars (lingenfelter in Dallas) I have sat in many twin turbod vettes up there. Anyways!!! The flat black is 3M spray paint. The great thing about flat black paint is that it ponds nicely everywhere u- like high gloss paint jobs that have to be wet sanded, painted evenly etc. I got scotch brite pads and scuff desired area and spray painted it. If it ever messed up, you can easily spray a dab to fix area, no un-even spots. 3M Flat Black spray paint is what they use to fix Ferrari bumpers when they come in the shop. (they do ALL of Ferrari of Dallas's cars)

I painted my emblems with Audi Black and cleared area, with a paint gun.

It was very simple and this can be done in your garage with SPRAY PAINT,TIME! Painting is the only hard thing. But I would use a local shop if you never have painted a car part or messed around with it....
ayo! i didnt know u had mad skillz...lol o.c.d.(which i have) wont let u be patient enuff to let paint dry...sux but,... i dont make the rules...i just bend them. if i do paint car it's gonna be more of a chip foose style....not sure if black or a 3-4 shades darker silver with flake....pimp my ride.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Here's my custom grille
SWEEEET!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i def wasnt slammin that car...u have great taste.
i was commenting on the fact ur gonna make me loose MORE sleep than i allready do. honestly. lol
Just effing with ya, got your message, consider all options for wheels, especially the widening of the stockers, as they are IMO great rims for our cars, and saving money to buy HP mods is where its at!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

i got the car back (or should i say took it back) do to the lense paint still not being there,...why leave it sitting in limbo? so i said call me when paint comes in (i live 1/2 mile from shop) and ill come back with car...(all badges and stickers are off/ and black centers painted on crest/badge) im allitle disapointed, but he said, pay me when lenses are finished. (when paint comes in and car goes back) hoping by tomorrow...
as it sits the car looks...hmmm? i really cant say, gonna take a few days to forget what it looked like b4. it's def different...i'll take a few pics 2day when i go for my daily fix.(drive)
Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned

BEFOR

AFTER

Last edited by OHSIXCTSV; 09-04-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

much better now black out those tails fogs and sidemarkers
Old 09-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brentman2007
much better now black out those tails fogs and sidemarkers

IM STILL WAITING ON PAINT...
SHOP still hasnt got it in...what kind of paint did they use to do yours
b-man? specaIL ordered? or plain base coat with a clear mix?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm torn on the "rims" situation...our silver cars look good with the stockers as they are same color as car and calipers...i want to do either chrome and leave the existing chrome front trim/ mesh grill alone....
or gloss black and black out said pieces...
or maybe just widen stockers an inch in the rear and leave the rest alone...
???
thats why i love this car, it will always look good no matter what u do to it...
it's got great lines!

don't know about that one...your mudder would be ashamed....

Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you really need 2 emblems? Come on, take that **** off. Stickers? stickers? I think we had the same tips? Didn't you have your taillights painted? Just paint the whole car black, f*ck it....
Attached Thumbnails Cts-V getting stripped naked....-07022006-005-.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you took emblems off.....then added some on the wheels....i dont get it...front plate looks like ****, as does the blacked out caddy emblem....stop doing 3 dollar mods and do something real. Those vents are just about the ugliest damn thing Ive ever seen....other then your mothers face, and your girlfriends ***...oh wait is that her face...damn that **** is ugly.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
so you took emblems off.....then added some on the wheels....i dont get it...front plate looks like ****, as does the blacked out caddy emblem....stop doing 3 dollar mods and do something real. Those vents are just about the ugliest damn thing Ive ever seen....other then your mothers face, and your girlfriends ***...oh wait is that her face...damn that **** is ugly.
Damn killa!!! Your hood looks like ****.....haha
Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl

smell my finger u hairy balloon knot...thats as close to puthy as ur ever gonna get... while ur wading knee deep in saw grass (searching for a fla. swamp ape in heat) ill be gettin road head and sniffin rails off her t*tties. AHHH FEE~FEE!!
it's good to be the king!
KEEP HATIN...THE TURBO'S COMMIN SOON,... TO HAUNT YOU ALL DAY,
ERRY DAY.

Quick Reply: Cts-V getting stripped naked....