Cadillac CTS-V Classifieds Cadillac CTS-Vs & Cadillac CTS-V Parts For Sale

Sold Magnuson Supercharger (112)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold Magnuson Supercharger (112)

For sale is a LS6 Magnuson Supercharger. Please read this ad in its entirety as almost all questions that you could have will be answered.

About the product:
I purchased this a few months ago from “1BADCTSV”. As many of you may know, He sold this because he’s doing a custom Whipple 3.3 on his car. Here is a link to his ad. I never installed this on my car and never purchased anything additional other than a custom ground cam from Comp, specifically cut for this supercharger. The estimated mileage is right around 15k; Though the Cam, Heat Exchanger, Valley tray and reservoir are all brand new. Also, though it’s not listed in his ad this does comes with the LS6 strut brace bar. There is absolutely no warranty and these parts are sold AS-IS. Half of them are used parts and though I’m not scamming anyone with broken stuff, I also am not going to be liable for them 500 or 50,000 miles down the road.

Pricing:
  • Local Pickup: $4000 Cash ($4100 is still using PayPal)
  • Ship to East coast $4200
  • Ship to the middle of the country $4325
  • Ship to West Coast $4400
This is where I have come up with pricing. As you see in the previous seller’s pricing ($3500) plus $400 for a custom ground comp cam, I’m not making much. This doesn’t even equate the amount of time put in. If you want to pay with PayPal, they charge a 2.9% fee ($116+). Boxes aren’t cheap and neither is proper shipping material. Yes, I’m aware that Hendrix sold these kits for $4500. That time is behind us, they’re now starting at $6500 the last I’ve heard. Other units are coming in the future, but their yet to be in a stream lined process with a firm price point and aren’t proven. To purchase everything you’re getting brand new would be around $7500. This is a deal imo!

Things you need to know:
  • I will not budge on the price. If you post, Pm, email, call, text and ask for a better price I will not respond.
  • This is sold as a whole. I will not sell one thing without the other.
  • Keep your personal thoughts and opinions to yourself. This is a classified ad, not a thread in the CTSV section
  • I’m not a certified Mechanic; I don’t know what you need to do for installation. Please reference the Magnuson instruction manual on their website.
  • I’m not a Magnuson employee or expert; don’t ask me what else you need. The reason I say this is because if you look hard enough through this thread, its there. I don’t want someone coming back to me in a month and saying, “hey man, You said I only needed this and this but I also need these 3 bolts” It does happen.
  • I don’t know what is needed for this to work on an LS2. It’s been asked a million times so just post.
  • Whatever you do, don’t call Magnuson for a price on the needed parts. They will rape you, Sandusky style, No lube and that’s ONLY IF they even call you back.
  • I’m not a mean person; I just don’t want this to be a long, annoying process. I’m selling a ton of stuff right now because I’m building a home and don’t want to move all of the stuff or have it take up room in my new garage. This doesn’t mean I’m desperate though, it just means I’m very busy.
  • I will need to email you a BOS simply due to the fact I will need to show financial documentation when closing on my house and they will ask where the money came from.

Now here are the pictures...

Cam Specs:

All boxed and ready for a new home:

Last edited by dr.duct_mossburg; 03-05-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ps how does friday sound for the meet???)))
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And local pickup is where?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewzpsu
And local pickup is where?
I wanna say around the annapolis/dc area?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i met him he is in the calvert area in southern MD
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

My apologies, i thought my location was next to my handle. Location is southern md. But i travel around.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kl2onik
ps how does friday sound for the meet???)))
Lol Alex, we gotta stick to one place. That's good if it's still around. I work in chester md. So I could go a little up 301 to meet you. You're asking for a nightmare to play with 95 during rush hour on a Friday.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Magnuson finally sent me a parts list so I'm trying to get a price on the missing parts seems kind of hectic.
Attached Files
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol, good luck with that. For the most part youre missing clamps and (i believe) 3/4" rubber tubing. If you go through magnuson youre going to get owned.

Check the link to the original fs thread.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

soooooooooo tempting!!!

I'm right in crofton so your not to far away.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ill deliver like a pizza boy, Since its nice out we can take out our 10's. lol Hit patuxent, owensville suddley, all the good roads
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Magnuson finally sent me a parts list so I'm trying to get a price on the missing parts seems kind of hectic.
First page is pretty much all there. Second page looks to be about $100 at a hardware store if that. A lot of the hoses are 2", 1" there. The magnavolt stuff is swapped out with the KB so disregard that. Other than that there isnt much left. You can walk into home depot with this and leave with pretty much everything. The only thing I would get from Magnason is the molded hose. The 90 degree one is here, but if there is another one that has molded curves I would get that vs. one that isnt because it wont work.

All of the pulley stuff and and tensioner and belt is all there just already assembled to the supercharger. Compare the pictures and you will see what I mean. The molded hose is not there (go through maggie) and most of the other stuff you kind either find pictured in my pictures or already attacked to something (wiring, pulley, belts, bolts, etc.)

Alex, You have my number if you want to give me a call.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I also have a set of coated pacesetter headers (never installed) that I will throw in for $200 for the local buyers.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Launching!

I bought mine under a similar circumstance. I tired to make sure I had everything before I started, but I was short a few bolts (most hardware stores don't have automotive grade bolts) and had to do some fabrication to mount the intercooler. I had to stop in the middle of the build and order parts from Magnuson twice. But I expected to have to do that.
It's was a typical install for this type of kit especially when buying it used.

I love mine. Completely stock internals, no headers (RT CATS), no magnavolt. With a very good tune she makes 463 RWHP
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
Ill deliver like a pizza boy, Since its nice out we can take out our 10's. lol Hit patuxent, owensville suddley, all the good roads

Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by branland
I bought mine under a similar circumstance. I tired to make sure I had everything before I started, but I was short a few bolts (most hardware stores don't have automotive grade bolts) and had to do some fabrication to mount the intercooler. I had to stop in the middle of the build and order parts from Magnuson twice. But I expected to have to do that.
It's was a typical install for this type of kit especially when buying it used.

I love mine. Completely stock internals, no headers (RT CATS), no magnavolt. With a very good tune she makes 463 RWHP
Certainly. Home depot typically has most of the bolts i've needed in the past, if not I generally get lucky at advanced/autozone/pepboys.

I would hope it would be common sense that this isnt going to be something for the mechanically challenged and have trouble changing there oil. You expect bumps in the road with any major install.

Thanks for the input! I know when I first started looking at the parts list i dug up when buying this I got real intimidated but when looking closer i realized must of what I didnt have, Could be easily gotten cheaply.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Can throw up pics of the headers? I might take those off your hands.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

No but its the pacesetter coated ones. Just google it and youll see. Theyre long tube headers. If you want adapters also $250 for everything but thats only if i sell the blower.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I guess I will jump in line for those headers if the blower sells and nolag doesnt take them!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

ha ha ha... and i think i can beat you to pick them since i'm already in Southern Maryland... Good Luck with the sale!!