Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yikes
Old 09-24-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAHASSRAG
Campbell in Edmonton is the best, have done several cars for myself inc 1000 rwhp twin turbo Trans Am and LS7 02 Vette 499 rwhp
i would avoid this place like hell

they are theifs and do horrid builds, had them build a motor and it failed in less then 1,000km and they ran away from it, they will not stand behind the work they do
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I ended up getting Horsepower Solutions to tune my car. They did an ok job with the tune. It goes lean during light cruising for short periods of time. Maybe next year Ill fail the MAF and see if I can get that to clean up a bit. Car put down 415rwhp.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Staging Lane

I'm in the Stettler area providing I cant fix a current massive stumble issue I have with my 95 lt1 who would be the best outfit to take her to?

I'm still hoping I can fix her, going to try to do the plugs, clean her out with seafoam, check all the sensors and the sensor fuses in addition to the intake(its redneck cai could be the cause of it) but if not.. wouldnt mind some ideas!!

Guy I just bought it from was great, but he wouldnt know a wrench if he was beat to death with one lol
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the symptoms?

rpm/speed/ eng temp/ load / gear and all that
Old 10-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

Well. it makes a wierd sound.. silence, ,normal operation.. then a buzzing sound then a wine like a belt makes when its slipping with not as loud or annoying more electronic sounding.. then it goes away.. everything fine.. and comes back..

The engine itself sounds like its out of tune.. instead of a nice roar it has a brrrrrrrtttt when you accell..

Sometimes.. until you get over 2500-3000 it seems to have zero power.. will chug and shake the whole care.. backfire at high rmps.

I found oil in the intake values of the throttle body.

Thats a quick summary.

All the plugs seem to be gapped to 0.06? Ive started changing them to 0.05 in addition the MAF was so fn dirty it was insane.. went through about 15 swabs trying to clean it out.

AFter doing all that it SEEMED better but I have not run a full test(ie get it up to temp and try then) because the starter died

yes life hates me.

But it was still doing the wierd cycling squeel and it still sounds massivly out of tune.. but if the plugs on one side are 0.06 they probably are on the other also.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Try unplugging the maf, see if that helps.

Does it thro any codes? Whats your fuel system like, is it getting fuel at the right pressure? Are the injectors clean? I had totally plugged injectors, so plugged I couldnt get my swap to start the first time I went to start it. I swapped out the injectors and it ran like a charm.

Try to do some of the basic old school trouble shooting first. Check your wiring, fuel delivery/return. Make sure you have grounded the living snot out of every possible 'this to that'. Make sure battery is charged up too.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Ya, kind of doing my best.
I just started mechanics been doing IT for the last 12 years or so, needed a change

So far I have found the MAF to be clogged, literly, to the point of black sudge on it.
The plugs on the drivers side are sort of white/blueish? and gapped to 0.06 so I"m fixing that.

Right now I'm just changing the starter, wow, hell.
After that my plan is to use seafoam on the vaccum line and then the oil/intake, run it for a bit according to directions then do an oil change, once thats out of the way I want to change the plugs.

Sparkplug wires are all new.

IF there are still issues then my next step is going to be changing injectors they are original anyways.

I"ll probably change the fuel filter also, just cause.

I dont have a code reader yet or any ability to read injector pressure, looking into what one to get so I can plug it into my laptop.

Quick Reply: Tuning in Alberta