Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Tuning in Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning in Alberta

Was wondering if anyone knows of any good tuning shops in southern alberta/Calgary area.?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Haven't used them myself, but Davenport Motorsports in Calgary did bring an impressive TT C6 Z06 to the Race the Base event in Cold Lake last year.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Davenport, awesome guys.. always helpful.
I bought my heads from them, as well as a few other things.
I am doing a cam right now and will have them do the tuning.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Default Tuner

Toma is an excellent tuner in Calgary.
Uses a Mustang load dyno.

www.dynomotive.ca

He tuned my LSx powered BMW that ran at Race the Base (301 kph on realtime gps in car lap timer)

Tell him Trevor P sent you!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

This is excellent to know! I want to get my H/C/I combo dyno tuned sometime this year or early next year. Any good ones in Edmonton too?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Teching In

thanks alot guys was having a hard time with this. was not about to send my ecu out for a mail order tune because summers only so long here lol
Old 06-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Two thunbs up for Davenport.... They did my 2010 Camaro and very happy
Old 06-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Default Tuning

Campbell in Edmonton is the best, have done several cars for myself inc 1000 rwhp twin turbo Trans Am and LS7 02 Vette 499 rwhp
Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Westers Garage in Tilley, AB.
http://westersgarage.eidnet.org

When other shops know it will be a difficult tune, this is where they send them.

Not the cheapest, but ...

Heard lots of good things about Toma as well.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
This is excellent to know! I want to get my H/C/I combo dyno tuned sometime this year or early next year. Any good ones in Edmonton too?
Horsepower Solutions in Edmonton does LSx tuning, fairly new shop but I've heard some positive reviews.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Davenport did my brother in laws vette, did a good job, that cars an animal.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HP52TA
Westers Garage in Tilley, AB.
http://westersgarage.eidnet.org

When other shops know it will be a difficult tune, this is where they send them.

Not the cheapest, but ...
I would not recommend westers. Havent heard anything good about them.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:36 AM

I highly recommend Westers for tuning. I have tried other tunes and they do not even come close. You have to pay for quality....it takes time to figure out hard to tune vehicles.
I have had 3 duramaxes, LS6, Ls2,6.2 Litre truck, a complete computer changeover on a 1984 crossfire....all have performed really, really well.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

All i have heard was complaints about them. I bought an e-fan harness from them that didn't work out of the box and they didn't want to take it back. Way better tuning options out there.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:33 AM

There isn't an e-fan harness in the world that works out of the box. The computer has to be properly set up for it...and it's got to be wired correctly. The issue wasn't taking it back--you wanted us to pay the shop to install it for you. Anytime you want to send it back, you'll get a full refund.

If all you heard was complaints about us, it wouldn't make sense that you'd buy something from us...so the lies stop here.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ecmprogrammer
There isn't an e-fan harness in the world that works out of the box. The computer has to be properly set up for it...and it's got to be wired correctly. The issue wasn't taking it back--you wanted us to pay the shop to install it for you. Anytime you want to send it back, you'll get a full refund.

If all you heard was complaints about us, it wouldn't make sense that you'd buy something from us...so the lies stop here.
You must be thinking of someone else.

I installed the harness like Westers instructions said and then I brought my truck in to get tuned. I got a call from my tuner a short while later saying they couldn't get the fans to turn on and the relays were not wired properly. They pulled it all apart and rewired it at $100/hour and got the fans working. They worked for a short while but then one of the fans stopped working so instead of messing with it I just replaced it with a stock 05+ harness that has worked flawlessly ever since. I emailed pictures to Westers of the hacked up harness after but they just said that they can't see any difference. This was almost 2 years ago but if you would still like your hacked up harness I'd be glad to send it back.

I read good things about Westers up until my experience. Then I met some people who were not very pleased with their Westers tune and went for re-tunes elsewhere.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by black04
You must be thinking of someone else.

I installed the harness like Westers instructions said and then I brought my truck in to get tuned. I got a call from my tuner a short while later saying they couldn't get the fans to turn on and the relays were not wired properly. They pulled it all apart and rewired it at $100/hour and got the fans working. They worked for a short while but then one of the fans stopped working so instead of messing with it I just replaced it with a stock 05+ harness that has worked flawlessly ever since. I emailed pictures to Westers of the hacked up harness after but they just said that they can't see any difference. This was almost 2 years ago but if you would still like your hacked up harness I'd be glad to send it back.

I read good things about Westers up until my experience. Then I met some people who were not very pleased with their Westers tune and went for re-tunes elsewhere.
You JUST sent pictures of the harness--never sent pictures before, so the lies stop here, the two pins appear to be removed for the ECM control, connectors to the relays are burnt...and that's the result from your "tuning shop" that hacked it.
All harness are bench tested before they leave here. Too late to backpeddleIf you sent pictures to Tim, I never saw them. I'm not aware of a client in Edmonton (where you're from) that was unhappy with a tune from us, and if they went elsewhere--I'm unaware of it. We tune for 70+ different performance shops, including shops mentioned in this thread.

At any rate, I responded with the following quote to your email
with the hack job pictures.

"Doesn't look like our harness...sorry ? But we will replace it...Looks like you're the victim of another shop that
thought they knew how to wire the fan up. Where did the trigger wires for the relays go ?
However...you have to hook it up the way we tell you too...and your ECM has to be configured to run it, if you want the ECM to run your fans."

Lyndon
Westers Garage
Old 09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please do not call me a liar. That is very unprofessional of you. I was just stating my negative experience with your company. I am not making up any lies.

I re-sent you the picture that I emailed you back in March 2010 and forwarded the email from that time as well.

I followed your instructions hooking up the labeled wires, got the ECM programmed by Horsepower Solutions in Edmonton and that fans still did not work. This leads me to believe that your harness was at fault.

I would be glad to send this hacked up harness back to your shop for a full refund. At least it would change my perspective on how your company deals with unsatisfied customers instead of simply calling them liars.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:28 PM

We've sent you a refund, send the harness back for inspection in the mail.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you I will mail it out to you this weekend or early next week.

Quick Reply: Tuning in Alberta