Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Shop to do LS1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop to do LS1 Swap

Hello,

I'm new to the site and I'm looking for some information about shops willing/able to do a swap. I've currently got a 76 Blazer and I've got an LS1 engine that I'd like to have swapped. Unfortunately, I think doing the swap myself is a little out of my league as I'm really not familiar with the intricacies of an engine swap (i'm fine with basic mechanical jobs, but i'm no expert). Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that does good work without raking me over the coals? I'm not looking for a ground up resto, I just want my truck to be a little more reliable and efficient. I'm currently in Alberta, Canada, but I'd be happy to check out shops in washington, idaho, montana as well.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2022, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not many shop in Kanada do Ls1 swap but youtube would be good place to check out and to see what need to do this swap.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Chevychalet where in Alberta do you live? closer to Calgary or Edmonton? We can help you find a company for sure....these swaps are very common and easy to do.

Kennedy83, not sure what you mean by not many shop in "Kanada" do swap. Most independent performance shops will take on a project like this due to the simplicity. Lots of aftermarket parts and support. This will 'not" be a difficult project but will cost a bit of money.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Well, I am Ontario and not much shop here do Ls swap. Not many peoples do Ls swap because it not cheap depend on the car setup. hehe
Old 05-17-2022, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Being in Toronto, there are alot of shops that would do an LS swap into whatever you wanted. Champion is 2mins from me and they're the go-to shop for this. I also know friends that could do these in their sleep. The aftermarket literally covers everything you need for alot of different vehicles. Like the other guy mentioned, YouTube and Google are ideal.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Kennedy the LS swap is one of the most common swaps offered in the automotive world for over 10 years. I have no idea you who are but your advice is not needed nor accepted here. My current daily driver is an LS swap that I did as an RN (registered nurse) with little mechanical skills. Champion Motors in Ontario licks these swaps out like you give birth to fecal matter....super common. There are literally thousands of Blazers and other SUV's with LS1 and other GM engine swaps. Super common and easy to do...even with a mediocre skill set...
Old 07-06-2022, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fstr n u
Kennedy the LS swap is one of the most common swaps offered in the automotive world for over 10 years. I have no idea you who are but your advice is not needed nor accepted here. My current daily driver is an LS swap that I did as an RN (registered nurse) with little mechanical skills. Champion Motors in Ontario licks these swaps out like you give birth to fecal matter....super common. There are literally thousands of Blazers and other SUV's with LS1 and other GM engine swaps. Super common and easy to do...even with a mediocre skill set...

Show me liable shop that will do an complete ls swap on budget?
Old 07-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check out Dusty Road Truck Parts in Langley. Their shop is on the rougher side but they do seem to specialize in what you want.

Quick Reply: Shop to do LS1 Swap