Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Relocating to Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Relocating to Toronto

Hey guys, My wife recently accepted an employment transfer to Toronto and I am unfamiliar with the area. I visited last weekend to secure housing, and really enjoyed the area.

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone could provide some insight on any car shows and/or gatherings in the area to perhaps feel a sense of place I seem to be missing in the thought of relocating.

I am not sure if I will be bringing my car to the area, as parking seems to be a bit challenging, however we are keeping our home in Michigan, so I may elect to drive it a time or two if the weather is nice.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone may be able to provide.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to Toronto!
Best thing to do is get the "Canadian Cruiser App" on Google Play or Apple App Store. It lists everything by weekdays for all meets that are active.
Here are several that have listed already:

Universal Cruisers held every Monday starting May 9 (6pm to 9pm)
Located at 8800 The Gore Rd. Brampton Ontario

Highway 11 Cruisers held every Tuesday starting Apr 26 (6pm to 9pm)
17680 Yonge St, Newmarket Ontario

Woodbridge Cruisers held every Wednesday starting May 18 (starts at 5pm)
8300 Highway 27 Vaughan Ontario

The following users liked this post:
RAMPANT (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 05:00 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the tip on the app as well as the additional information! I look forward to checking events out as I become more acquainted with the area.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome! What car do you have? Details on mods?

I didn't know about that app, that's great!
Old 05-05-2022, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

I just lost my 2001 Camaro to a detached garage fire, which was tough for me. I had the car since new and it had 10,000 miles on it.

I was looking for a car to replace it, and figured I would look in the same era as my former Camaro. This time around, I am not hampered
by budget constraints of being a 20-something first time home buyer, so I figured I would buy what would have been a more desirable car back in 2001.

I just purchased a GMMG Blackbird Trans Am, which is being stored until my garage rebuild is complete. The car is bone stock, at least as delivered.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh wow dude.. heart breaking.. I'd been soo bent lol

That Blackbird sounds sweet though. Pictures?
Old 05-05-2022, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

This is the only pic I will post at this time, but will have more once I get it home. The other cars are not mine, but rather part of the sellers collection. I do not want to post many pictures out of respect for the sellers other cars in the backgrounds.

I really wanted a “color” this time as I have had mostly black, white and silver vehicles in my past. My kids love it as they have never seen t-tops or “flipping” headlights as they call them.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

That looks gorgeous. Always loved those. Can't wait to see the rest of the info/pics. Id love to see that in person at one of these cruise nights.
Old 01-22-2023, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by wesst
Hey guys, My wife recently accepted an employment transfer to Toronto and I am unfamiliar with the area. I visited last weekend to secure housing, and really enjoyed the area.

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone could provide some insight on any car shows and/or gatherings in the area to perhaps feel a sense of place I seem to be missing in the thought of relocating.

I am not sure if I will be bringing my car to the area, as parking seems to be a bit challenging, however we are keeping our home in Michigan, so I may elect to drive it a time or two if the weather is nice.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone may be able to provide.
We have meets every Fridays night starting in the srpinng visit us ➡️ Facebook Firebirds and Camaros Hub of Ontario, Instagram @Firebirds_and_Camaros_Hub, YouTube Channel Firebirds and Camaros Hub. We are in the Canadian Cruiser app. I you have further question please feel free to reach out me.
Thank you
Old 01-30-2023, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out Durham Fbodys on Facebook.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wesst
I just lost my 2001 Camaro to a detached garage fire, which was tough for me. I had the car since new and it had 10,000 miles on it.

I was looking for a car to replace it, and figured I would look in the same era as my former Camaro. This time around, I am not hampered
by budget constraints of being a 20-something first time home buyer, so I figured I would buy what would have been a more desirable car back in 2001.

I just purchased a GMMG Blackbird Trans Am, which is being stored until my garage rebuild is complete. The car is bone stock, at least as delivered.
Oh man I am sorry to hear that. How you are all ok

Quick Reply: Relocating to Toronto