Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

What's Up With F-body Prices?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:29 AM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlagman
Is it just me, or do we Ontarians (don't know about the rest of the country) have to pay a rediculous amount of money to insure F-bodies. While I don't own any of the cars mentioned in this post, I was cross shopping a '00+ WS6 and an 04/05 STi. It turns out that the T/A costs about $1K more to insure, is this right? I heard that our neighbours to the south actually pay less to insure their F-bodies.
I don't know your location but I believe Toronto area pays a lot more than most places. In Ottawa I pay ~$1200 for full coverage.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pesticide
It must be your insurance company. jlagman. I pay less than $100 per month on my SS, my agent said they are relatively cheap to insure compared to imports due to less theft.
I used one of those online "dealies" to calculate a quote, maybe that has something to do with it?

BJM, I am from Toronto, more specifically Scarborough, if that matters. I would like to own both an STi and WS6 at some point in my life, but overall costs will ultimately determine which one I get first.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jlagman
I used one of those online "dealies" to calculate a quote, maybe that has something to do with it?
Your age, area code, driving record and vehicle are the factors that indicate how much you pay. I moved from Scarborough to North York and my premiums went down $350. Why?? More accidents in my old area. Put in a area code that starts with L and see what the difference is.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Teching In

I'm thinking the area I live in affects insurance the most, because I got another quote, this time using my dad's information and while it was obviously much cheaper than mine, the T/A was still about $1K more to insure.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Teching In

so then those fee's would not apply nor waiting 3 days at the border when trailing the car over?

Originally Posted by jinxedz
MTO
Customs
Insurance

... are all involved in a Huge circle jerk.

I found it was much easier to trailor her over.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Launching!

If you are bringing a car from the USA back to Canada then reading my posts in this thread below might help you. I've done it twice now.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/canadian-members/298484-buying-us-fbody-s.html

Quick Reply: What's Up With F-body Prices?