Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Canadian Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Canadian Performance

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for there well wishes on the loss of my good friend Dave Diluca(Sled28).
I have a very hard time talking about it yet-it hit me real hard, for the short time that I knew him, he taught me allot, he treated me like gold and I'll never forget it. The road trips with MityMike & Dave were the best, Turkey's, Power Steering Brackets, Deer and all-it was a blast.
I'm going to continue doing what Dave and I know best-building the "most powerful centri" cars. We have 3 centri cars that are getting close to completion, Frank's 427 F1R, Ron's 402 F1C, and Bills 402 F1R, and very soon my 402 F1R will be hitting the track to set out and be the fastest A4 Centri car out there, and Boostmaster with his 427 TTix is going to smash the Turbo six speed record. Dave wanted me to hit the track along time ago but I wanted him to be there-now he's in my heart and will always be riding shotgun with me.
Susie, Fern and myself are going to carry on with what Dave loved best. I'll never forget the 5:00 am dyno sessions, Dave coming to the back and asking Fern to change my cam for "XX" time, Dave's special late night Pizza Nova pizza with hot peppers, pepperoni, bacon, and mushrooms-even Frank who watches everything he eats couldn't resist that.
I don't know what to say, I start typing and then I just get this over whelming feeling of sadness......

Dave Diluca built my Hot Rod.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
FormerVendor

I feel a great loss that has come into our lives. I feel for You Susie, Fern and the family. If you need any help please call me anytime.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Glad to see you are carrying on Canadian Performance...Dave would have wanted it that way. He was a special guy and all of us who had the chance to meet him, talk to him are very lucky.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:20 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arun,

Ive talked to Susie a bunch since what happend, I am glad that you guys have decided to keep going with the shop.

Wish I was closer, id turn some wrenches for you guys. But since Im not, ill keep doing what I have and promote CDNPERF at events and online.

Tony Nichols.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Arun, i can truly understand your feelings. Although i didnt get a chance to meet Dave when i was down to get a tune from Canadian Performance, i did talk to him through PMs before and he seemed like a great and helpful person. I feel bad for all who knew him and were close and it must be tough times right now. I am happy to hear the team is still carrying Canadian Performance, continuing what they do best! and im sure everyone will manage to get through this tragedy with time. It makes me feel real sad when you talk about all the good times youve had with him that will be never forgotten, and all the fun youve had, i can relate to that. I hope all is well. With deep sympathy,
Anthony
Old 06-15-2008, 11:17 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Pretty blown away myself it certainly was shocking news. Last time I saw Dave he gave me a bunch of valve seals to get my engine fixed up and wouldnt take a dime for them. That outta tell you the way he ran his business especially since he didnt build my car just had it tuned for me and he still gave me goodies on the house. Great guy hes gonna be missed by many.

Glad to hear you guys are keeping the shop going I'm sure he'd of liked that.

Speaking of business I've got a nephew with a TPI car that needs to hit the dyno and get a tune if your into it let me know. Hes got all the software and whatnot just no idea what hes doing.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just saw this thread and cannot believe Dave (Sled28) has passed away so young . I did not know him personally but we spoke several times over the last year about him building me a forged motor and we even spoke on the telephone on at least one occassion.

My sincere condolenses and thoughts and prayers go out to Dave, his family, his friend and you Arun. He seemed like such a great guy, and we have truly lost a HUGE ASSETT to the LSx HIGH PERFORMANCE world who was REALLY PASSIONATE about this hobby of ours that many of us are so passionate about!

What a shame and really makes you put life in perspective and really reflect on how good each and every good day we have in this life really is. May the Good LORD give his family and friends strength and courage to forge ahead, and take Dave into his heavenly kindgom, where he can live eternally in God's love and presence forever never to be sick, sad or suffer again!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lot of guys remember Dave as a LS1 engine builder, but for those us that have been around for a while remember he was one of the first guys in the late 90s early 00s going bottom 9s with a stock suspended 4th gen. His LT1 Nitrous record that he set 7+ years ago still stands. Sad to loose one of the most honest guys in this hobby.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arun sent you a pm recently,called the shop and emailed the shop and left a message or two. No replies so far. Of course wasn't expecting any last week.

I would appreciate now though hearing back from you or someone in charge there so can work out my personal situaton.

I realize it was a terrible week for you guys last week and once again deepest sympathy but I am going on holidays shortly and need things resolved.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try calling the shop today. I called and spoke to Fern today.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I did call and left a message but don't like to be a pest especially sure everyone is walking on eggs. So hopefully can hear back from them shortly.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:14 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Ok I did call and left a message but don't like to be a pest especially sure everyone is walking on eggs. So hopefully can hear back from them shortly.
I just sent you a pm bro-sorry for taking a bit but I have not forgotten about you.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pesticide
Try calling the shop today. I called and spoke to Fern today.
Hey bro-I'll be seeing you on saturday. Do you have a bung in your exhaust for me to install my wideband?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Arun, I don't have a bung, can we just use one of the rear O2 holes?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pesticide
Hey Arun, I don't have a bung, can we just use one of the rear O2 holes?
Yep-that will work.

Quick Reply: Canadian Performance