Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

coil problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default coil problems?

Ok ran may car this weekend in the a index class and car developed a problem around the 6th pass of the day. It start popping and backfiring thru the carb and exhaust. Checked everything and come to find out it coil number one was not getting any fire. Went and picked one up today put it on and ran fine for a little while and now same problem not firing on number one. I have the msd 6010 carbed 6.0 and car has been running fine till saturday. Does anybody have a solution? Could I have picked up a bad coil from parts store? I even went out last nite and checked the spark at nite and everyone of them sparked except number one.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Try swapping coils 1 and 2 and see what happens if the problem moves to number two then bad coil but if problem stays at number one the bad box or wire messed up
Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stewdy1
Try swapping coils 1 and 2 and see what happens if the problem moves to number two then bad coil but if problem stays at number one the bad box or wire messed up

Tried a different plug wire and switched coils from number one to number 3. Well checked them and they all firing now so I dont understand why that number one cylinder quit firing. If its the msd box it wouldnt let it start period.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:15 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds like there might have been a connection issue with number 1 in the wiring, how does the harness look?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Sounds like there might have been a connection issue with number 1 in the wiring, how does the harness look?
thats what I was thinking. I fixing to take a look at it tomorrow