Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

need help on my lq4

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help on my lq4

im starting to put my 01 lq4/ls3heads together and if anyone has any input on what should i put as far as head bolt,gasket,oil pump,oil pan,where can i get the parts any part numbers would be helpfull.thanks ahead.how much did u pay to mill ur heads? i want mine .30.do i need better timing chain?what arp bolts?oil pump?what spark plug wires?should i put arp rod bolts?do i need rod bolts?where can i get carb intake and msd?will my lq4 exhaust manifolds work?what about ud pulley?anything i need to change while the motor is out.this is going in my 67 camaro 1inch set back motor plates, th350 3kstall 355gears
Old 12-04-2010, 07:00 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

ARP head bolts, stock gaskets from GM are priced right and bad ***, i have a corner auto parts oil pump that works fine, F body oil pan or CTSV pan/pickup tube/tray, cannot remember what the heads being milled was, but it might have been 100$, i run the stock gears with a LS2 chain on them, the rest are stock bolts, AC delco wires, i have stock rod bolts hitting 7200 RPM, sponsores here carry all the MSD and intake components(GMPP), manifolds will work but will hold back power on the big end, but fine for temporary if you have to, i have stock truck pulley, change the springs, locks and retainers to match whatever cam you go with.

HTH
Old 12-06-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

keep it simple usiing as most gm stuff as possible. i only use gm head gaskets for all my builds now. none better for the price and quality imo