Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Quench and compression

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quench and compression

I want to run as tight a quench as I can,around .040. Has anyone run a set-up like mine.4 inch stroke,6.125 rod custom wiseco pistons -3 CC flat tops.I haven't done the math yet but any guess on the C.R.???Thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

I have .030" quench with diamond flat tops, .050" GM MLS 6.0 gaskets,.020" positve deck height, 11.7 to 1 comp with stock 70cc L92 chambers.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e-racer-ls-1
I want to run as tight a quench as I can,around .040. Has anyone run a set-up like mine.4 inch stroke,6.125 rod custom wiseco pistons -3 CC flat tops.I haven't done the math yet but any guess on the C.R.???Thanks
If I remember right, you're running L92 heads. If they haven't been milled, they have a chamber just slightly over 70 CC. Since you have flat tops, and you know the volume of the notches, all you need is the deck height, either above or below the block. You can check this close enough with a straight edge and a feeler gauge. THEN...go to www.NOT2FAST.com. They have the neatest calculator I've found. You just put in the numbers you have and it calculates everything out as you go. Gives static compression ratio, and also dynamic compression ratio IF YOU KNOW THE INTAKE CLOSING POINT on your cam. jJust read the instructions, and remember to put the deck height in opposite of what you think it should be...guess how I know, ..above the deck is put in as a - and below the block is a +. Try it, you'll like it. Ron
Old 12-11-2010, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rojs234
If I remember right, you're running L92 heads. If they haven't been milled, they have a chamber just slightly over 70 CC. Since you have flat tops, and you know the volume of the notches, all you need is the deck height, either above or below the block. You can check this close enough with a straight edge and a feeler gauge. THEN...go to www.NOT2FAST.com. They have the neatest calculator I've found. You just put in the numbers you have and it calculates everything out as you go. Gives static compression ratio, and also dynamic compression ratio IF YOU KNOW THE INTAKE CLOSING POINT on your cam. jJust read the instructions, and remember to put the deck height in opposite of what you think it should be...guess how I know, ..above the deck is put in as a - and below the block is a +. Try it, you'll like it. Ron
Thanks,I didn't have pat g spec me a cam yet but will save this post.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i prefer a +.015 deck height with gm .053 compressed gaskets .035-.040 range for forced induction or n/a