Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

An Interesting LS1 Dyno Comparison on Annular Discharge.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the annular stuff we sale is circle track or blow thru so I do agree that something with forced induction needs annular boosters since the fuel helps in keeping combustion temperatures down.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No dyno yet

I need to flycut the pistons first,also order pushrods. I screwed up on my first LS build. Better my own, not customers. Well ...... maybe not better as this is wife's car. Anyway I ordered custom head gaskets from Flatout that are 0.040" not realizing or checking the deck height. I'll pull the heads to measure now. Seems the LS series use a 0.008" plus deck height and with only a .040" head gasket gives me 0.032" piston to head clearence which is below the min recomended 0.035" to allow for clearence from the piston rocking. Was trying to build a lil bit more compression without milling the heads. The plan was to get the car running this summer with stock dished pistons and rebuild a flat top stroker for following year.
AND another bright idea was to advance the cam so the intake valve closes sooner building more cyl pressure. What that does is decrease valve-piston clearance. The longer a build takes the more it can/will change. I know I want to get the RPM intake now that it's availible. We are pretty busy with customer cars getting ready for the indoor show stuff. 1980 Malibu 500ci with 6-71 complete motor build,33 ****** panel straight axle nostalgia look street car and the shops 65 Comet twin turbo we just moved the turbos to the rear from under the hood. Hey we used my old 6.0 manifolds on a Ford. Welded the flanges to change the bolt pattern.
Wife is after me about "HER" car PLUS the SAND car has to be done for May 24 or she's going duning on her atv without me.
OHHHHHHHHHH the pressure. Too funny, I retired 5 years ago.
Aleck

Quick Reply: An Interesting LS1 Dyno Comparison on Annular Discharge.