Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Where I'm coming from

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where I'm coming from

I'm loving this section as I work at a shop with a chassis dyno. I'm retired and have had a dream job the last 5 years. For almost 40 years I've raced and worked on many diferent types of engines. I'm always looking for the slight edge. That was pretty much a second job building engines,carbs,snowmobiles, motorbikes and tractor pulling with the deisel "farm" stuff. We used propane in the late 80's on those tractors, look what's new now for the smokers. I did the 30 years and out for Ford, now I double dip, pension and dyno shop. I make my own hours. Seems 40 plus is the norm. Amazing how easy the hours go by working,building, tuning hot rods.

Anyways I just want everyone to know that sometimes I'm stubborn in my Ideas BUT I also will only say what I know from years of racing exp and tuning cars on the dyno. No hearsay. Facts. FACTS from outside the box. Some of the ideas from the internet are very good, others not so much. Bigger is better, always remember this. I like to tell it like it is.
I enjoy reading other people posts, sometimes shaking my head, biting my lip as I'm sure some have laughed at my posts. My plan is to get the Monza running, then some dyno #'s with diferent carb styles( maybe a Q-jet at some point) intakes and cams, plus we sponsor the local dragstrips so I know my wife will be out putting some passes on her car. I'm hoping to learn and share the ideas. I'll try to document the A/F using the wideband.
I learned many years ago it's not always how much you spend but how you spend it. Peak H/P and torque #'s are only for bragging , it's the #'s getting to the top that get you there faster. You don't race dyno's. every guy has at least 400hp in his small block and ALL big blocks make over 500 hp. If you get squeal the tires in more gears you have more power.

Too much rambling

Aleck
Old 01-22-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're having too much fun.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:21 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, the old guys help us younger guys out allot, you have been there and seen things that some here will never get the chance. Us younger folks are stubborn as hell as well so head butting is the name of the game, but over all, this section, this one, small section on LS1tech has so many level headed, non bickering guys in general, that i am really going ot lean on anyone that comes in here and acts like some of the idiots in the other sections and not allow dumb *** people to clutter up the carbed section.

Anyway, glad you are here stinky.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Like to hear it

Thanks guys. I agree about flaming threads. Bantering yes. Open discusion with ideas and thoughts are good to exercise the mind.

Aleck
Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 PM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to see a fellow Canuck on here. Glad your livin the retirement dream! I hope I can do it when I retire............at 90lol
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to see you are around. I too like this section lots to learn...........