Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Dirt track LS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update on the CT525. There were 2 of them racing around here at fulton speedway which is a 3/8 mile banked track that we race at every saturday. They had them tuned right up and were turning them 7600 rpm and ended up blowing them both up. First one had a nice sight hole in the oilpan from where the rods made there way out. They figured that was to many rpm and now they are only turning it 7000 rpm and last saturday night the CT525 actually beat a full field of 800+ hp big blocks. Our conventional big blocks have to weigh a minimum of 2500 pounds and the 525's were allowed to run at 2200 pounds. The guy running it started on the pole and never looked back!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i dont dirt race,but surfing around the forum, i looked in on this thread and saw that someone wanted the specs on the ct525. i almost bought this engine for my 72 camaro street car. the ct525 is nothing more than an LS3 with a gm asa cam and a carb style single plane intake. its the same engine as the gm 376/515. the only difference is the ct525 has no warranty because gm dubs it a "race only" engine. after doing some research, i bought in LS3 crate engine and picked my cam and intake to suit my driving situation. after selling the factory cam and intake, i saved about a hundred dollars off what a ct525 would cost. for intake , i went with the vic jr, for cam i went with comp cams LSR 269. just cranked it this week but the car isnt ready to drive yet. still have interior and paint to go. thing revs quick and has a mild but great sound at idle.anyway just thought id give u an other option on the ct525 and yes 7500rpms is way too high for a stock LS3 bottom end. good luck,David

Quick Reply: Dirt track LS