Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Here comes another 2nd Gen Build...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got some more parts today. BRP headers showed up....these look really nice, came with gaskets, bolts, ball & socket collectors/reducers, etc. Just no 02 bungs in them, but that will be remedied easy enough. I'm anxious to see how well they will fit.

Also got the manual shift tunnel hump for when I get to that cutting part

And finally located an F-body oil pan. I'm surprised how hard of a time I had finding one of these....every one that came up for sale was either already sold when I got to it, or they were wanting $300-$400. This one is good and clean from a local guy for $200.

I've got several things coming from TSP that should be here soon, and hopefully at that point will be able to start reassembling the engine. I'm still up in the air on which T56 to go with.....I've already found a reputable builder for the tranny (Jason from TDP) and I have two options....1) just go with a standard F-body T56 that only has provisions for electrical (VSS) driven speedo, or 2) He says he can build me one using a tail section from an 03-04 Cobra which will move the shifter a few inches forward (a good thing) and also has provisions for a mechanical speedo...although of course it will take a Ford speedo head/gear.

On option #1 I know that I can probably get by using a cable/pulse generator from someone like www.transmissioncenter.net, Dakota, etc. However, I'm still not sure about how far back the shifter is going to be in the tunnel....if my research is right it's about ~4" further back from where a Super T10 4-speed would be, but if I can get by using 0 setback plates then theoretically I should only be about 3" further back from where a normal manual would sit. Good thing on this is that I am converting from an auto, so it won't be about hacking or elongating what's already there....with the hump that I just bought I expect to be able to position it right where I need it and make it all look clean.

On option #2 I'm thinking that the shifter might be located just about perfect, but then I have no idea how I can adapt my factory cable to a Ford speedo gear....I'm going to do some calling around....thinking that surely someone makes a custom cable to accomplish this....or maybe theres a chance in hell I can make a GM head/gear work in that Ford tail housing? Anyone run into something like this before?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking car...keep us updated on it

Quick Reply: Here comes another 2nd Gen Build...