Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

LQ4 meets FAST EZ EFI

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a couple things that are working against you alt. tall tires. and no overdrive or lock up convertor ect but you can benefit from either system because the ecu will correct the idle fuel air mix with out losing throttle response that often comes from messing with jet sizes. You can only adjust so much either for power or for economy. good luck but. I love carbs for easy install and cost savings i use to say when nascar changes so will i so im going to jump ship. but i will alway keep the carb in case the electronics let me down...lol
Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

i called and asked about the fuel dripping and i was told that the system uses a pulse type fuel pump so it meters only what the engine uses and the fuel is atomized in the bottom of the throttle body.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, does it drip when you stab the throttle? Seems like that dripping like a carb would take advantage of a carb makin more power due to the dense fuel charge, best of both worlds.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

It supports 650 hp and will have a better cold and idle habits without constantly adjusting it. You and I all know carbs fall off after time not to metion the cold and the heat changes. If you need more power than that you need to go with the dual throttle body set up from FAST. It support up to 1100 hp.The eight track and cassette tapes are dead along with rotory dial phones. I love carb because they get you in the game on the cheap and you can build crazy power with them but efi tech has caught up and passed that old tech. For a few hundred more than you would spend on a good pump, regulator,carb, and intake you can get complete system that will take your hotrod into the next century. Even the good old boys of NASCAR have moved on. Dont get me wrong for the guy on a budget carb will get you to the dance.

Last edited by boogiewonderland; 09-26-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I would like to agree, but carbs are still making more power than 95% of convention efi setups. But the times have changed and there are new boys playing on the block that are making more power over tunes diminators. I'm hope you had seen these, people are picking up a tenth and a couple miler per hour on single digit cars with fine tuned 4 barrels after strapping these on:

Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

I have seen the power and mile per hour you can get with a "FINE TUNED" carb but im not looking for a straight line car more of an all around fun machine that is lean and clean with power on hand at every turn. All while having good cold manners and save money while doing it. Without the constant fine tuning needed to keep the car dialed in. If i am building a drag car or a late model or dirt track car it would be a no question that I will be leaning toward a carb but for the weekend street car that may run an occasional bracket event. I have to give and say uncle to my efi brothers.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am now selling the efi. love it but i want boost. https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...plane-msd.html
Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by 85LSburb
I am now selling the efi. love it but i want boost. https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...plane-msd.html
I was wondering how well these do with boost, im assuming not well if your selling.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

I am not even gonna try it. They say they are not capable to handle boost. Most likely due to the speed density tune and not being able to change map sensor tune.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a long e-mail conversation with one of their engineers about this. It could very easily be altered to run with any MAP (all they need to do is make the MAP input scalable), but they have no intention of doing so. Allegedly it's due to the possibility of people blowing up their chit and crying foul...
Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Ya I am not sure how well a self learning efi would with learning boost. One lean spot and motor is trash. Probably not what they would like.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Fast has got in the boosted game with the new Fast EZ EFI 2.0. 8 injectors, blow through capable, and will support 1200HP! I wish that had been out 3 yrs ago. Id have been all over it ! Now Im broke and will just keep on living with the old original.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

ive got the ez efi multi port on my old mustang combo love it gonna put it on my buddies 408 and see how it does on his truck

Quick Reply: LQ4 meets FAST EZ EFI