Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Coolant crossover, front and rear.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant crossover, front and rear.

I'm finally ready to fire my Street Rod, but I need to button up the plumbing. The front crossover seems pretty easy, I think I'll just plumb it into the top of the water pump, that seems straight forward enough, but I'm still not sure what to do in the back! I know some people on here run block off plates, but I'v spoken to three different GM dealers & none of them know what the hell I'm talking about when I ask for them. They want to know what kind of car they come on & I'm not really sure. Does anybody have GM part numbers & maybe a pic of what you're running on the rear? My engine is an 02 LS-1. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Launching!

you can use these
http://s41657.storefront-solutions.c...l.aspx?ID=3289

and tie the front/rear together with AN fittings or just do the front and put 1/8" npt plugs to block the rear
Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

My 2008 LY6 6.0 in a chevrolet 2500 express van came with them. Hope this helps, Eric L
Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

i actually like the older ls fbody ones; theyve got a 'spider' that uncaps all ports and has an outlet (that you said you wanted to run to the WP)

like the link above ive got a set of blockoffs and a kurt urban setup (essentially the same thing but with -an fittings)

most of the newer setups that im aware of have the fronts crossed over and the backs blocked

Quick Reply: Coolant crossover, front and rear.