Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Super Chevy april issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Well, eddy doesn't even make a intake for a spread bore, so you wouldn't know unless you were told so by insignia, just love seeing the market for carb induction steady rising.

Professional products was supposed to make a carb intake for the LS, but alas, nada...
Ive always wondered same thing. Pp makes manifolds for just bout as any motor, i think even seen for pontiac motors.
Even jegs makes or has there own line of manifolds. But no ls manifolds.
I been wanting to try the holley l92 plenum hi rise intake. I hear can use like tunnel ram with a single or dual carbs. Just by changing tops.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Edelbrock's carbs. After dealing with Holley's idiosyncrasies for years, I just gave up. I bought a 600 Edelbrock from a buddy, adjusted the idle circuits for the highest rpm, backed em off a 1/16th and that was it. It was the best running carb I'd ever had.

I tried 3 Holley's, a 600, 650 and a 700 nothing would work on that lil 350 sbc with a .454 in/ex with a 280 adv dur. Plopped the eddy on and never touched it for 3 years.

I still prefer a q-jet though... (Hides from poop-flinging) It's the sound of a properly functioning Q-Jet that get's my goat.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trip..
I love Edelbrock's carbs. After dealing with Holley's idiosyncrasies for years, I just gave up. I bought a 600 Edelbrock from a buddy, adjusted the idle circuits for the highest rpm, backed em off a 1/16th and that was it. It was the best running carb I'd ever had.

I tried 3 Holley's, a 600, 650 and a 700 nothing would work on that lil 350 sbc with a .454 in/ex with a 280 adv dur. Plopped the eddy on and never touched it for 3 years.

I still prefer a q-jet though... (Hides from poop-flinging) It's the sound of a properly functioning Q-Jet that get's my goat.
hi we are talking about intake manifolds, care to join us?

Its funny u guys are talking about PP making a carb intake manifold, i was just wondering if they were ever going to make one, id like to see some more options out there. that mast one is way to much money!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00BlackSS
hi we are talking about intake manifolds, care to join us?
No "We" were talking about intakes and carbs, you came in and acted like a douche. Yes I got a bit off topic, point taken.

It's so cool that I got to be the first person on this board to get off topic. I'm so Awesome!

Glad to see that not everyone on this board is like you...

...Been lurking on this board for 2 years before I even signed up, make 2 posts and I'm already having to deal with forum police... Nice.

My apologies to Butler, the OP.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trip..
No "We" were talking about intakes and carbs, you came in and acted like a douche. Yes I got a bit off topic, point taken.

It's so cool that I got to be the first person on this board to get off topic. I'm so Awesome!

Glad to see that not everyone on this board is like you...

...Been lurking on this board for 2 years before I even signed up, make 2 posts and I'm already having to deal with forum police... Nice.

My apologies to Butler, the OP.
its a joke, take it and enjoy ur day, please dont get to butt hurt!

Quick Reply: Super Chevy april issue