Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Need Foxbody Mustang wiring help neutral safety switch..pic inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Foxbody Mustang wiring help neutral safety switch..pic inside

Ok Guys

I'm not too familiar with solenoids, relays, and stuff. Here's a pic of what I'm gonna call the main power solenoid until someone corrects me lol.

The battery is in the trunk and has the cable coming from the battery to the left side of this thing. also on the left side terminal is a wire for the alternator, one for the old MSD setup that I need to eliminate, and something else I can't remember.

The Right side big terminal has the big wire that goes to the starter.

My big question is there are 2 small terminals (one on top that looks like it's never been used and one on bottom that has a small wire ran to it.) The small wire was ran inside the car but wasn't hooked up.

I was assuming this small terminal would run to the small terminal on the starter but I may be wrong.

My aftermarket shifter has a neutral safety switch and says to interrupt the wire that goes from the key switch to the starter with the neutral safety switch. I don't see a wire that actually runs from the switch to the starter.

What do I do.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:13 PM
8 Second Club

that little wire there in the pic is the one you need to /break/ to run to neutral switch
Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
9 Second Club

So that wire should run from that terminal to one side of the NSS and the other side of NSS to small lug on starter?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Correct the small wire on the the solenoid is what your looking for

Quick Reply: Need Foxbody Mustang wiring help neutral safety switch..pic inside