Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Fuel Pump Problem Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Problem Fixed

Hi guys, been a while since I've been around. I was riding a motorcycle and was broadsided in April. Just getting mobile enough to get back out in the garage. I had been battling a fuel pump problem. After 10 minutes or so it would die. I went through like four different fuel pumps, relocated the pumps a few different times, different pressure regulators, return line, no return line.....blah blah blah.

Well I finally figured it out. The relay needs a 12v constant and a switched 12v. I was pulling my constant 12v off the heavy wire going to my starter, which came from the battery. Figured it came right from the battery so must be good....wrong. While I was laid up I realized when my problem started. I was running an external selenoid. The external selenoid made the permanent magnet starter drag so I got rid of it. I rewired the starter, and the fuel pump 12v. So needless to say once I started pulling my 12v for the fuel pump direct from the battery my fuel pump has been working just fine. It was nice to finally get to drive my car after almost four months. Even better to have it not die on me, cause I can't push it on crutches!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about the injuries. Sometimes it helps to have a bit of time away from an issue, then the solution just seems to jump out atcha. Glad you got it worked out.