Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Ful system questions - 5.3 with Spray

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ful system questions - 5.3 with Spray

Trying to get everything lined out so when the car comes back from having some front end work I'll have everything ready to go.

I have a build thread, but short version is 89 Mustang Coupe, 5.3L, milled 243's, cam, Vic Jr, Holley,TH350 w/4000 stall. Will also be spraying it so thats where my question comes in.

In gathering parts I actually ended up with two pumps

Aeromotive SS fuel pump (Still need to order regulator)

Holley Black pump and regulator

Also have a sumped factory gas tank. If I want to go ahead and use both pumps would the best bet be to run the Aeromotive for motor and Holley Black for nitrous? Or would the Aeromotive be adequate to cover motor and nitrous?

Also, whats the best way to plumb it? Was thinking about a fully dedicated fuel system for the nitrous. Is it ok to run them both from the sump on the tank, or would it be better to find a smaller tank to run up front somewhere for the nitrous fuel system? I know its probably not needed, but I tend to over-build so I dont end up doing more than once.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on the size shot your planning on using. I like a dedicated fuel system for nitrous just for tune ability sake. I used a Jaz power steering reservoir for a nitrous enrichment tank. The Jaz reservoir holds 1 gallon and comes with 6an fittings. I used the top 6an reduced to 4an with a .65 jet fitting as a return line so I don’t have to worry about air in the fuel line. This also allows me to run 93 in the main tank and 110 in the nitrous enrichment tank. I can take pictures if you’re interested.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely would like to see pics. Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

I have seen nice successful systems done several ways.
  • Dedicated fuel system and regulator.
  • One pump for both with dedicated regulators.
  • One main pump with a helper pump that turns on when the nitrous is armed with dedicated regulators.
  • Two tanks in back with one pump and a valves on the lines (so that you can run racing fuel only when needed) then two dedicated regulators at the front.

I run one pump(aeromotive street strip) on a return system with dedicated regulators(holley) at the front.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 AM
10 Second Club

Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

Quick Reply: Ful system questions - 5.3 with Spray