Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Looking for the right carb for your setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for the right carb for your setup?

I want to share a bit of info that really helped my car run correctly.
When I purchased my car it had a off the shelf Demon 750cfm that I thought would be great for the engine we built (383). Well it was not and the car did not run perfect.
Until I found a guy on Ebay that builds custom carbs for each app. I think he goes by RPM, his name is Tim and he is out of Michigan. Just like building a converter, I gave him every little detail about the car/motor setup and he built me a custom Quick Fuel carb taylor'd for my motor and he flows them on a test engine in his shop then drains the gas out and sends them out. All for about $30 less then jegs will sell you an off the shelf Quick Fuel carb that may not be ideal for your setup.
I put this QFT drag carb on my engine and it picked up .200 and was very responsive. It was money well spent.

It was a very good investment and I'm glad I found this guy. Now any time I change my setup or build another motor I send it back to him and he will rebuild for the next setup. He can even do blow thru setups and E85 carbs.

If anyone is in the market for a carb, do yourself a favor and stop looking at used ones at swap meets and that old holley your uncle has on a shelf in his garage. Look this guy up and get a carb built for your motor and it will run like you expect it to run.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

If you have him saved on your ebay account... please link it in a post so we can contact seller.
I have not gotten as fas as ordering a carb yet but I do like the sound of how this guy operates.

Thanks,
Stu
Old 07-13-2013, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i doubt you'll ever get better than eric at horsepower innovations for e85 custom carbs though.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

I'm interested.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Staging Lane

Is it this guy?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

I sent that ebay guy a message.
Seems JRracing has gone MIA which makes no sense to post up good info then not give decent info for others to contact.

ETA: that guy above is not him, but he was able to direct me to the correct guy.

This I believe is the person the OP was talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ipg=...nifold&_sop=16

Last edited by RedMan*; 07-15-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Yup. So MrManifold is the guy he was talking about....I spoke to RPMLTD myself....he seems to have dealt with the confusion before. Red, did you get what you were looking for after all? I'd throw him a couple bucks to hear his setup for mine.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Honestly I'm about to take my engine to the machine shop.
Funds are heading that way first then probably a carb.

Yes the other guy sounded all to familiar with the other guy, not sure if in a bad way or not.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RedMan*

Yes the other guy sounded all to familiar with the other guy, not sure if in a bad way or not.
I got the same vibe. Who knows?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Dudes probably just pissed that he got hit up twice today about someone else rather than him.
"No whistle, no foul".

ETA: my first car was a 67 Chevelle Malibu, purchased it in 1984 and cost me $600.00 and had to bring my own battery and drove it home... just saying. :-)
Old 07-16-2013, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedMan*
I sent that ebay guy a message.
Seems JRracing has gone MIA which makes no sense to post up good info then not give decent info for others to contact.

ETA: that guy above is not him, but he was able to direct me to the correct guy.

This I believe is the person the OP was talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ipg=...nifold&_sop=16
Yes, thats him
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

I spoke with the guy at Mr Manifold briefly. He is arrogant as hell and I wont be calling back. The call went down hill fast. If he makes your car run better then good for you, but my money will be staying local.

By the way, QFT has great tech support on their own.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Well $hit, that figures.
Some folks that seem to know things should be a little more humble........

I wonder if the other guy has had run ins with said dude and thats why the reaction we got ? ?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Guys, I'm very sorry for being mia. I have been getting slammed at my body shop and working 10 hour days in this heat is a bitch. I honestly forgot about the thread and got on the puter for the first time in several days.

Ok, I have his phone number at my shop. I will retrieve it tomorrow. His Name is Tim. He is a fast talking new york kinda guy on the phone lol.
I found him on ebay looking for QFT carbs. I believe the seller info or name was RPM something.
I promise I will post his phone number tomorrow. He was A1 to deal with. Even sent me a street tune with a power valve in case I wanted to tame it down for street driving. The AFR was almost dead on were I like it. One jet change and it is a safe 11.5:1-12.0:1afr.

I will go see if I can find him on ebay.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

OK, I just got off the phone with them. It is RPM performance products. And it is Ebay seller, Mr.manifold.
Phone number 586-337-0472. They said give them a call for any carb needs. They have tons of repeat customers. Good service and a great price.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:26 PM

Thumbs up Best custom quick fuel carbs for a great price and excellent service!

Need a guy to custom build you a Quick Fuel carburetor... no up-charge for the service. Same price as Jegs/Summit and lifetime service to boot!
Tim from Manifolds Unlimited / RPM Performance (586) 337-0472
Great guy with tons of knowledge.

Quick Reply: Looking for the right carb for your setup?