Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Tuning issues.... Vacuum???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Run the PCV off the timed port and the brake booster off the unrestricted large port a stiff brake pedal is a good thing LOL. your total in timing is 34 degrees at 2700 rpm what is your initial base timing at say 750 rpm. I would be willing to be the vacuum advance plus 10 degrees throughout will be fine I have seen a lot of guys running 45-50 degrees total timing on these LS motors, I am not a professional tuner so that's why I said to advance the timing a little bit at a time until it pings then back it off. I would say put the full ten in it and drive it easy if you here it ping and clatter under acceleration stop and retard the timing a little so that means bringing a laptop along or just don't cruise far its only when you have a lot of predetination for an extended for an extended period of time that it jacks things up unless you are forced induction IE blower turbo or nitrous.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Ok cool I wasnt sure If I could run the pvc off of the timed port ro not. I'll try that tomorrow. The brake pedal is really stiff and it takes alot of psi to stop the car now.. Not stiff in a good way lol.. I'll try and play with the timing a bit too. I got the afr gauge in, and boy does that make things easy.. a few hours of tweaking and playing around with the carb, and the stumble is all but gone and she runs up something mean.. I foresee alot of rear supension upgrades in the near future lol. even with the 323s it constantly wants to break them loose.. but I still start to run a bit lean on hard accl. might have to up the rear pv a step yet and maybe even the jets. But down low its very nice idles in gear with 7" and 13:1 afr the stange part is it really likes the brown cam in front and the blue one in back.. but hey until those stop pushing fuel it stays right around 12.5:1 so I'm not going to complain.. Feels good to have it going right again.. Hopefully I'll pick up a set of 373's this weekend for her and that should only wake her up even more.. Usually I'll let off arounf 5k but it just wants to keep going tis great!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

awesome Glad to hear you are back in the right direction your vacuum booster may have finally taken a complete dump on you LOL. Anyways yeah 3.73 you may have a hard time hooking up but one hell of a smoke show jump the secondary's when you start to tweak the timing 12.5 is good especially if you are wanting to spray it later but why the let off at 5000 you know that thing will twist and be building power at 6500 so why the short shift lol. shoot a vid and post a link to you tube once you get her right. Good Luck and God Bless Brother.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Ya the booster is weird, It was still working the other day now with the new base plate nothing... But I re routed the lines here in the parking lot so after work we shall see. I also tweaked the timing to 12* 0-500, 28*700 up to 32*2200 34*2800 we'll see how that works.. The main reason for letting off by 5k is I Live in the city and by 5k its already pulling past 90mph. Hit the on ramp this morning and was at 102 by the time I merged onto the hwy.. Also hooked up the map sensor to put 10* into anything above 14" then a slow ramp down to 0 at WOT.. Hoping to have it tuned up in time for the next test n tune track day.. Might try and get some vids then.. have to make sure I'll pass tech though first lol
Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

What do you mean by jump the secondaries? Bump them up a bit? current jetting is 77p with a 5.5pv and 82s with a 3.5pv have not tried them yet.. just changed all of this stuff on lunch break lol
Old 08-16-2013, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

yeah i would increase the secondaries just for the added fuel in the high end. But it sounds like your super close now cant wait to see a vid. I think you get her to hook up and you should see high 12's I would expect.

Quick Reply: Tuning issues.... Vacuum???