Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

squirter size

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Hey, if you guys were really paying attention you noticed I skipped the last couple of intake discussions. From now on any intake/cam question will be given the approved LS1TECH carb forum answer of Edlebrock 2216 and RPM performer. No sense fighting it anymore. Street = dual plane, Strip = single. Figure that way there will just be that many more slow cars out there I can beat.

I was gonna skip this discussion too but contributed for two reasons. First is because I followed the same advice from this site when I first got started. 50 cc pump, hollow screws, brown cams, massive nozzles, basically just dump enough gas on the floor of the intake and let the motor pick up what it needs. Realized this is very easy way to tune a carb to run WTFO.

But after some time running that way I realized it doesn’t do much for normal driving. An accel pump just doesn’t do much when the throttle is just lightly moved. Then there was always a handful of guys on here who didn’t need the bigger pumps. Something didn’t connect.

So no problem. If you want to be one of those guys who tunes a carb only through bolts ons like jets and accel pumps but are afraid to touch an intermediate circuit, then hey, no problem. 2 out of 3 circuits tuned right isn’t bad. Just always stay in the throttle and it’s all good. I mean after all, “that’s what the car wants”.

The other reason I contributed is a personal fault, but the only way to learn is to ask questions. Sometimes if you challenge peoples line of reasoning it forces them or someone else to explain things in a way that finally makes sense. You wouldn’t believe the number of people I irritated about steam vents before I got that one straight in my head. Thank you John McGraw.
I was just poking too. It is funny to me that I remember your quest against the 50cc pump too, I have seen it in several threads. Im trying the squirter way, if that fails I have the 50cc pump as well

So it goes like this?

pop n wood-single plane and no 50cc pump
zone89rs-2215/2216 edelbrock cam
newschool72-gmpp dual plane

Feel free to add to it

Last edited by snook; 11-22-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 123 Likes on 110 Posts

Some great info......

Last edited by Doug G; 11-22-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

so even holley recomends upping the accel pump
Old 11-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug G
That is a great find Doug. That needs to be added to the Sticky for sure.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:04 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

If someone needs to add something they can, but I will be deleting questions and other posts in there to keep it all FAQ based.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
my question...is there any reason to change the secondary back to a 30cc???? if it has a pink cam with either diaphragm, it seems like the pink cam would push the exact amount of fuel no matter which accelerator pump was used.
bump!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:02 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

It will prinaly be the same? Would just have to measure and see how much it pushes up on the acc pump.

Quick Reply: squirter size