Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Need some help with my Carbed 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with my Carbed 5.3

Hey everyone,

Ok so I need some help with my carbed 5.3. I'm fairly new to the LS world, Im used to ford and mopar motors. I have most of the major parts installed, but I am trying to figure out the vacuum lines. Its a Holley 4160 Aluminum Street Carburetor 0-3310SA and Victor Jr. Intake. The instructions have minimal detail on what lines can be blocked and where the others need to be routed to. Ive tried looking at pictures but it seems to be a little bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I dont have many pictures but this one is a little more recent (the balancer is installed). Also if anyone has a rough idea of what the power would be let me know. Im expecting some where around 300/300 but with the stock cam not really sure. Plus I am still deciding on the cam that I should get. I was going to spray the motor but Im leaning more towards a turbo setup. But if I go with spraying it I think I need to get more out of the motor. Not sure what the best combinations would be for nitrous. Not quite sure if you can get a stroker kit and it be worth it with gains or if there are other more efficient ways to get 450+ all motor. Thanks in advance everyone!

1999 5.3 80k miles
Stock Cam
Stock Internals
243 heads
Victor Jr. Intake
Holley 750 Street carb (has not been touched jetting wise)
MSD 6010
Th350
Stock converter

Quick Reply: Need some help with my Carbed 5.3